Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find online gaming servers!

Options
  • 02-10-2007 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer and decided to try and play some online games. Around last Febuary I used to play battlefield 2 online and used to have no problems. Now however any game I try can't find any server. I have tried with quake wars and team fortress 2 beta. I disabled my firewall and anti-virus and still no luck. I am using satellite broadband, cable coming straight from the wall into the pc. Sometimes a server will pop up but when I go to connect it comes up as saying connection failed. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Eamonn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Have you updated to the newest build of BF2? I know you can't connect unless you have the newest patches installed.

Also, you might want to check out The All Seeing Eye. It contains even more servers for most new games - official and unofficial online community servers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer and decided to try and play some online games. Around last Febuary I used to play battlefield 2 online and used to have no problems. Now however any game I try can't find any server. I have tried with quake wars and team fortress 2 beta. I disabled my firewall and anti-virus and still no luck. I am using satellite broadband, cable coming straight from the wall into the pc. Sometimes a server will pop up but when I go to connect it comes up as saying connection failed. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Eamonn

The current version of Battlefield 2 is 1.41, without that you won't see servers, except for maybe the odd 1 or 2 stragglers that didn't upgrade.

Then again, why are you trying to play games over a satellite connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I am using satellite broadband
    Yo. Where are you located, whats your pings like, and were you playing games using satellite broadband before you got your rig upgraded?

Oh, and who are you using for satellite broadband? Did you google them, to check if it's "just you", or if their service is fuxored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eamonntheviking

the_syco wrote:
    Yo. Where are you located, whats your pings like, and were you playing games using satellite broadband before you got your rig upgraded?

Oh, and who are you using for satellite broadband? Did you google them, to check if it's "just you", or if their service is fuxored?

Hey, I'm located in Tower in Cork. http://www.airwaveinternet.net/index.html is the crowd that I'm using. It was the only type I could get until recently but I can get phone line internet now so will be changing over to that soon. I actually ended up finding a game on tf2 beta last night and connecting, just one server popped up, my ping was around 400 on it. I'll try that all seeing eye to see if that helps. Cheers guys!!!

Advertisement