Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems with my 2000 VW GOLF

Options
  • 02-10-2007 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all...
    Just wonder if anybody experienced this with a 00 VW Golf?
    I've noticed the last few weeks that the car keeps cutting out when i'm breaking i.e. coming up to a roundabout. Pretty dangerous as the power steering just stops working. Getting it checked on friday, but just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem??
    Cheers
    Zebulon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It could simply that the throttle body needs to be cleaned. Start by getting it cleaned, reset and a fault diagnosis done. See what happens after that.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I have a 00 Golf and this happens every time the car is due for service. Its always advisable to get the throttle body cleaned fully and all filters replaced. Car is usually perfect after that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

i Have a 98 mark iv golf and i have the exact same problem car is due for service too.coming up to roundabouts junctions or lights when the revs drop during braking or when i put my foot on the clutch the power goes the sterring goes aswell.Ive nearly crashed twice i'd say the first time it happened i didnt have a clue what was going on.I'm bringing mine down to a garage during the week to get it fixed its a quick fix i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I think this thread should be stickyed!! :D

It pops up every 2/3 weeks on this forum. Happened both my old golfs also, 1.4 then a 1.6

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

I had a 96 polo and the same thing used to happen, funnily enough i put a new battery in it and it solved the problem :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I had the problem with the throttle body, where it would be incredibly sluggish taking off - making for interesting times when trying to pull out onto a national road. I don't remember cutting out though, or any problems with the PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I had the same thing happen with my '98 Fiesta, and it was the idle control valve (some yoke situated in or near the throttle body) that needed to be cleaned. It still happens occasionally, so maybe I should have got the whole throttle body cleaned...

Advertisement