Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Advice Needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Bump ... anybody? Would really like some advice re the gfx and ram pls.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've heard a few people on here finding vista slow on 2GBs of ram so you may want to go with 4. To take full advantage of the 4GBs you'd need vista 64bit. If you want to play newer and future games on high settings you will need to upgrade the graphics card although you could leave it a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I cant find that specific corsair xms2 ddr2 1000MHz ram anywhere .. does the ram all have to be exactly the same and if so anyone know where i can get 2GB? What kind of gfx card would you recommend for my system?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd stick with your graphics card for a while yet.
    They are still a good card and will play all games although not the latest at the highest settings.
    Come February Nvidia+ATI will be releasing new cards so you could pick one of these up or pick up the 8800GTX which would drop in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i find a huge difference in vista between 2gb and 4gb of ram. You really need 4gb in vista.

• Advertisement
Advertisement