Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena injured?

• 02-10-2007 7:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

According to wrestlezone.com and wwe.com, WWE champ John Cena may have suffered a tear to his right pectoral (sp?) muscle last night on RAW (similar to what happened to Edge during the summer). Nobody seems to know for sure at this early stage, but he is scheduled to meet Dr. Jim Andrews later today for an MRI.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

JOHN CENA INJURED IN RAW MAIN EVENT, FULL DETAILS
    by Mike Johnson www.pwindier.com @ 12:10:21 AM on 10/2/2007

Details are still sketchy but the word coming from backstage at the Raw taping is that WWE champion John Cena is believed to have suffered a torn right pectoral muscle during his main event match against Ken Kennedy. He is tentatively scheduled to undergo a MRI tomorrow to examine the severity of the injury. I don't have to tell anyone reading this what a major blow this would be to the entire company if Cena needs to be out for any extended period of time.

The injury appeared to happen during a botched hiptoss on Kennedy that ended awkwardly with Kennedy landing atop Cena. Cena then nailed an armdrag. The two ended up in the corner, which led to a clean break. Cena backed up to the opposite corner and was obviously favoring his arm immediately.
    Cena gutted through the match and post-bout angle with Randy Orton, where he was laid out following a RKO on the announcer's table.

Cena is scheduled to main event the No Mercy PPV this Sunday in Chicago, Illinois against Orton in a Last Man Standing Man.

Just when things injury and suspensions wise were getting back to normal, this happens. Vince must be wondering what next is gonna happen.

If he's gone for a while, it will be interesting how it effects WWE business wise. I see an Orton/Jericho feud on the horizon coming out of this one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

sure what would it matter - Cena is crap anyway, right?

hopefully he is ok, i am actually a fan of his so i'd hate to see him on the bench for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

It's over! His title reign is finally over! I've been saving this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQolR_FGwJM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Prufrock wrote:
    It's over! His title reign is finally over! I've been saving this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQolR_FGwJM

Echoing the sentiments! Enough is enough Cena, drop the title!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

kinda funny in a way, a week or so after the tease stripping cena of the title, they'll have to strip cena of the title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If true, this will be a real pity if Cena is to drop the title due to injury, as when someone took the title off him in a match eventually it would be a huge moment. Now all we get is a Cena return where he calls himself the uncrowned champion a lá Batista last year. Booooring like.

Whata run for WWE though - their 3 champions will be there because of injuries/suspensions of their actual choices. Joke really.

Yeah, 2007 is truly the seventh level of hell for WWE.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

This probably garners the lowest amount of sympathy from me if Cena is injured and has to drop the title. Did it not matter more when Taker, Edge or Batista had to drop it?
    It serves WWE right that they should have pulled the trigger on Orton winning the belt at Unforgiven or Summerslam.
    Anyway, i do hope Cena is ok but if it guarantees Cena losing the belt, i'll be a happy camper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cena wont drop the title, hes defeated such odds as the great khali, pectoral surgery doesnt stand a chance against him

serisously though, hope hes ok, not a big fan but dont want anyone out due to injuries,especially this year, i hope he drops it to orton rather than surrender it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

now who to put the title on and lead the company :D a guy who is an outed steriod taker by the media, is on suicide watch, diva abuser, hotel destroyer or someone with their head screwed on properly. If i was vince i would leave the title vacant until cena's return, of course there is always the option of resigning kurt angle :p but more likely it looks like number 11 is on the way :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Or maybe the first undisputed champion could hold it....

Or maybe the first undisputed champion could hold it....

Who Savage? (declared at Mania IV when he won the tournament, or Flair? (Declared when he won Rumble 92)

Oh wait, i forgot. McMahon thinks wrestling fans have a short term memory.
    (and yes, i know you were refering to Jericho ;) )

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I just watched when it happened, I can't tell if Kennedy is to blame for not jumping high enough, but I can't say that I'm surprised that it was him who was involved

I hope Cena can be back soon enough. Eddy Guerrero spent 8 years with a torn pectoral muscle, but I don't think WWE wants their guys to work through stuff like that anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

It will be a shame if Orton gets it in these circumstances as I believe he has been as good as HBK, Edge and Cena all year. As for Cena, I doubt he wil be rushed back. Expect to see him on the shelf for 2-4 months, like Edge was. If the title match at No Mercy is cut short, the Punjabi Prison match is going to go on way too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I feel cheated. I was really looking forward to the title drop and now I know it'll happen before it does. Boo erns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They could make good business if they have him chase the title for about 7 or 8 months after he returns.

As long as he's in the title picture, he'll draw.

Double C wrote:
    If the title match at No Mercy is cut short, the Punjabi Prison match is going to go on way too long!

Then we won't hear any complaints of HHH "burying" Khali then! :D
    VR!

Then we won't hear any complaints of HHH "burying" Khali then! :D
    VR!

The new term for Triple H and his escapades on Raw is now called "carpet bombing" the roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If this is true then it's a travesty. Raw without John Cena means Triple H as the top babyface and that's a nightmare right there folks.

Cena has been brilliant his year and his reign has been fantastic. So many great title defences.

Hope Cena turns out to be OK as I don't want Randy arsehole getting the belt. Get well soon John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Get well soon John.
    Wow you really do live up to your username :D

• Advertisement

The longer Cena is off my television, the more incentive i have to watch RAW again. Seriously, his entrance theme kicking off RAW week after week and his weak promos and gay jokes was enough to make me tune out.

Bottoms up folks, here's to Cena's early retirement and the end of his title reign. It's about eight months too late!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

thing is Orton is a nice guy (or at least was in 2004). He is also a fine wrestler to boot but Vince will surely not risk putting the belt on him after his recent multitude of problems.

looking down the raw roster triple h looks odds on if cena does drop the belt. of course WWE has upset the apple cart a few times, i wouldn't be surprised if edge, taker or khali sneaked into the picture somehow.

rossie1977 wrote:
    thing is Orton is a nice guy (or at least was in 2004). He is also a fine wrestler to boot but Vince will surely not risk putting the belt on him after his recent multitude of problems.

You make it sound like he was a well-behaved guy a few years ago! He was put into an army prison for walkin off on the Marines when he was a member. I'm surprised Cena didn't mention that given his own "Marine" connections

Most reports say that he has been very well behaved since his punishment for wrecking a hotel room though. I'm just not sure that they'd want the belt on him with his name in steroid reports and all that. If Cena is out then it's got to be good news for Jericho

I can see Edge coming back to Raw when he returns, I can't see HHH working his way into the title picture yet, well not until just before or after the Royal Rumble. Edge needs to feud with Orton. We could have seen an Edge and Orton program all summer if Taker wasn't injured. Its been simmering for a long time since the break up of Rated RKO.

With HBK coming back soon (possibly Survivor Series), himself and HHH can reform DX again and take on Vince (again :rolleyes: ) but with Kennedy in tow.

All in all, if Cena is definitly out, its gonna freshen up Raw for the first time in ages. If Jericho returns and not forgetting Lashley as well returning in December, the lead up to WM 24 is gonna be very interesting.

Cena is set to be out for about 8 months according to WWE.com. I wonder if there's an upcoming juice test coming up?

VR!

So new champ to be announced this weekend, how are they gonna do this?

My money is on a Fatal 4 way involving Kennedy, Orton, Carlito and Jeff Hardy.

My money is just strapping the title on Morrison for no reason again. It worked wonders last time and the Monday Night Delight has a ring to it

Kennedy has really made up for lying to us with this!

Bit of a dilema for creative to come up with something to do now for No Mercy. I can't see Orton not getting the title tbh. Hopefully he will hold it til the Rumble or thereabouts. He'll drop it to Triple H then, setting up Cena's big return at WrestleMania where he will regain the title, and hold it for the next 5 years.

I'd guess it'll be HHH vs Orton vs Kennedy vs Umaga, I can't see Carlito or Jeff getting into it. Very unfortunate news though, I could see them moving Rey over to Raw at some point

• Advertisement

TheNumpty wrote:
    My money is on a Fatal 4 way involving Kennedy, Orton, Carlito and Jeff Hardy.

Stop dreaming and wake up buddy! About one of those is a proper contender and that's Orton. Vince ain't gonna put the title on Kennedy yet. Carlito and Hardy are gonna be midcard for quite some time.

It's Orton, plain and simple.
    VR!

When HHH wins the title, can you really imagine him with the spinner belt? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I must be the only guy around who seems sad about all this. I am sick to death of his title reigns, but I wish it ended with a pin or submission. Cena will be known as the undefeated champ when he returns. That will be unbearable as far as I'm concerned.

As for the new champ, I dunno what WWE are going to do, can't be arsed to speculate either. But I could see someone from SmackDown! coming to RAW.

Stop dreaming and wake up buddy! About one of those is a proper contender and that's Orton. Vince ain't gonna put the title on Kennedy yet. Carlito and Hardy are gonna be midcard for quite some time.

It's Orton, plain and simple.
    VR!

I'm not saying Orton isn't going to win it but they are hardly gonna hand Orton the belt and close the show. The reason i said those 4 guys is that they are the only contenders barring HHH and Umaga who have their own match to contend.

TheNumpty wrote:

It will be as funny as hell! :D
    VR!

Maybe they could have a massive nepotism angle and have Hornswaggle take the belt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

TheNumpty wrote:

Triple H will not wear that belt! You can bet your ass there will be a new belt or the undisputed belt will come back.

Bring back the Winged Eagle, for the love of god.

Minto wrote:
    Triple H will not wear that belt! You can bet your ass there will be a new belt or the undisputed belt will come back.

And i can't f*cking wait, because that Toys R Us belt was so painful to see. Yeah, i'm one of those who just couldn't get used to it.

VR!

My son wants the spinner belt for xmas :( Thankfully he's still young enough to believe that Santa hates John Cena. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Double C wrote:
    Kennedy has really made up for lying to us with this!

Yeah he took out the guy who brought us the WWE's most entertaining matches. Way to go, Ken!

I just picture Triple H's eyes lighting up and little title belts forming in his eyeballs like on a cartoon when he heard this news. I can just imagine him whining like a bitch tonight to his wife...

"Come on Steph talk to your Dad. You know it's been a while since I was handed a heavyweight title belt. Pleeeeeasssssseeeeee."

Do not be surprised to see that f*cker leave with another title win. Way stranger things have happened.

My guess is they might do some sort of battle royal and have Orton triumph but you never know. If Cena's gone for a while then they might feel the need to replace him with another big babyface.

I'd love it if Taker came to Raw and won the strap. Won't happen of course because that would f*ck up the big nosed bitch's plans!

I had a browse around some other forums and the comments are annoying. Stuff like "Lolz dis is gr8. I h8 Cena sooo much rofl. Glad he's injured!"

Wait and see how much Raw sucks balls without Cena. Mark my words. Even if Jericho returns, as great as he'll be, the show will still suffer desperately without Cena. You haters have no idea how much he brought to the table however you'll find out soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lw

I have a feeling this might put Y2J's chance of returning as a heel in doubt. They need a big babyface now and Jericho could fit the bill until Cena came back.

Do not be surprised to see that f*cker leave with another title win. Way stranger things have happened.

My guess is they might do some sort of battle royal and have Orton triumph but you never know. If Cena's gone for a while then they might feel the need to replace him with another big babyface.

I'd love it if Taker came to Raw and won the strap. Won't happen of course because that would f*ck up the big nosed bitch's plans!

Undertaker would win it, defend it once and need to take another six months out!

Seriously, get over this dude! Cena's run was going stale. He's not Hulk Hogan, someone seriously needs to let him know this. Good job to Kennedy methinks :D

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deadconfused

From wwe.com:
    BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match with Mr. Kennedy Monday night on Raw. According to WWE physician Dr. Ferdinand Rios, Cena's injury was more serious than initially thought.

"He has a complete tear of his pectoralus major muscle," Rios said. "Because he’s so big, [the tendon tear] is behind the muscle. It was hard to diagnose."

Rios said Cena will be hospitalized for a few days to learn the rehabilitation procedure he must undergo. His arm will be immobilized for a week and then therapists may allow him to start moving it so that the arm doesn't become stiff.

Rios said that Cena is so dedicated to WWE that he wouldn't be surprised to see him return sooner than later.

"I suspect that John might be able to come back sooner [than most people with this injury], as he’ll train vigorously," Rios said.

Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said last night, “No matter how serious the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

But despite Cena’s vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and a new WWE Champion will be crowned.

Stay with WWE.com for further updates on Cena’s condition and on No Mercy as they become available.

Y'see WWE could have avoided this train wreck weeks ago at Unforgiven by having Cena drop the belt to Orton instead of putting it on the long finger. Also wasn't that the same injury that Batista worked through for a while?

Just so my stance is clear on this, I'm not happy Cena is out injured and out of work for months. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But i'm ecstatic that we're gonna have a new champion, because i've felt that it's been needed for months! At this point, even Funaki would have been more bearable than Cena!

VR!

Really gotta feel sorry for the WWE, tough year for them

lw wrote:
    I have a feeling this might put Y2J's chance of returning as a heel in doubt. They need a big babyface now and Jericho could fit the bill until Cena came back.

Jericho was never going to return as a heel. Even if he did you'd have vast portions of the audience cheering him at everything, not just when he's beating on Cena like what happens with Orton

I'm not sure if Batista worked through the same injury, but Edge did at some point about a year ago

Y'see WWE could have avoided this train wreck weeks ago at Unforgiven by having Cena drop the belt to Orton instead of putting it on the long finger.

WWE don't do that, nearly all feuds are stretched out over 3 PPV's, no one could have foresaw that Cena would injure himself, after all he's SUPERCENA! :rolleyes:

Orton would have won the feud anyway, i would have preferred it if it was Cyber Sunday in the Hell in a Cell. But whats done is done so lets all welcome the RKO era!

Bubs101 wrote:
    Really gotta feel sorry for the WWE, tough year for them

Yep out of the 6 billion people in the world, I feel sorry for Vince McMahon the most.

I get what your saying in that they've had a run of really bad luck. Some would say it's karma though.

Wait and see how much Raw sucks balls without Cena.

In fairness, it does suck balls anyway.

Cena will be missed but with Jericho and Michaels to come back soon I really don't think he will be missed as much as you do. He has had some very good matches this year but his character overall is pretty stale and, with the exception of WrestleMania and SummerSlam, his title run has been wholly predictable. A change is as good as a rest, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Khali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement