Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena injured?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Double C wrote:
    Cena will be missed but with Jericho and Michaels to come back soon I really don't think he will be missed as much as you do.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Shawn hasn't made up his mind about whether he wants to return or not. Cena will be missed by the kids, who make up a big part of the audience. There's no one in WWE who could possibly be missed more than Cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

WWE Mobile Alerts have just reported that
    The Undertaker!!!
    will face Orton for the title at No Mercy

Now this really has become one of my better days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Seriously, get over this dude! Cena's run was going stale. He's not Hulk Hogan, someone seriously needs to let him know this. Good job to Kennedy methinks :D

I don't think his run was stale at all. He still draws the crowds, shifts the merchandise and people still react to him. Who else is there? You really think Randy Orton as champion is going to go over huge? Or Triple H AGAIN? Or the boring promos of Kennedy?

Cena was given the ball and he ran with it - he ran a long way in fact! The WWE needs Cena.
    Double C wrote:
    In fairness, it does suck balls anyway.

Well it had its best spell in years at the start of 2007. Weren't they missing a fairly big name around that time funnily enough? ;)
    deise59 wrote:
    WWE Mobile Alerts have just reported that
    The Undertaker!!!
    will face Orton for the title at No Mercy

Now this really has become one of my better days!

Would love to see this but it doesn't necessarily mean Orton will lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

yes cena will be missed by the women, kids and the marks which make up roughly 100% of the WWE audience ;) TV ratings will fall, attendances will fall, merchandise sales will fall dramatically (based on the last few WWE shows i have attended in the states, england and in dublin; cena merchandise makes up a good 80-85% of total)

The smarks won't miss him but then do the smarks actually watch WWE programming :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Cena was given the ball and he ran with it - he ran a long way in fact! The WWE needs Cena.

They do need him big time. I can understand though people seeing the silver lining for them as a viewer him vacating the title. If you didn't like Cena, well they pretty much stuffed him down your mouth for a long period of time.

They do need him big time. I can understand though people seeing the silver lining for them as a viewer him vacating the title. If you didn't like Cena, well they pretty much stuffed him down your mouth for a long period of time.

Yeah that's true. He's one of the most divisive and polarising wrestlers there's ever been. I think even his critics though will concede that his charisma will be missed.

I was thinking about the buyrate for No Mercy and whether it will shoot up now that a new WWE champion is guaranteed. What do you all reckon? I'd say there will be a decent increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

I was thinking about the buyrate for No Mercy and whether it will shoot up now that a new WWE champion is guaranteed. What do you all reckon? I'd say there will be a decent increase.

I was debating to get it but now with the circumstances i probably will order the PPV just out of curiosity. I'm gonna be optimistic about this, maybe Orton as champ won't be so bad, Orton will have plenty of foils to go against including HBK who Orton put away with the 'concussion'.

I don't know. I'm sure they'll mention it on ECW and SD, but I'd say a lot of Raw viewers won't know that there's meant to be a new champ

Are you sure about that challenger spoiler? WWE.com have a poll up asking who you'd like the new champ to be with everyone on Raw on the poll. I can't imagine WWE would rush into the decision so soon

Ugh...and Kennedy is winning

Fozzy wrote:

Are you sure about that challenger spoiler? WWE.com have a poll up asking who you'd like the new champ to be with everyone on Raw on the poll. I can't imagine WWE would rush into the decision so soon

Ugh...and Kennedy is winning

yes he is by a fair distance 30%, nearest challenger is Val Venis taking in nearly 24% of the 102,000 votes :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

And Val races into the lead with 30%, Kennedy second and Hunter 3rd

I voted Val for the laugh. :)

not too many want Orton as champ i see; a pathetic 4.5% of 200,000 votes.

Surely Val deserves a major push after this :p

WWE.COM wrote:
    WWE.com has learned that WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon will kick-off ECW on Sci Fi tonight with a special announcement addressing John Cena’s injury and the fate of the WWE Championship.

I reckon if its gonna be an announcement on ECW i think there's gonna be a tri branded battle royal or some sort of tournament at No Mercy. It shall be very interesting viewing regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Prufrock wrote:
    It's over! His title reign is finally over! I've been saving this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQolR_FGwJM

Are you the guy in the clip I posted in the Videos thread?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

ha, deadly....

Val Venis 50.86 %

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

If this is true then it's a travesty. Raw without John Cena means Triple H as the top babyface and that's a nightmare right there folks.

Cena has been brilliant his year and his reign has been fantastic. So many great title defences.

Hope Cena turns out to be OK as I don't want Randy arsehole getting the belt. Get well soon John.

Randy is the man.I cant wait for him to get the title again.Its been long overdue.It would be sad to see cena losing the title in this way though..hes has a good year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

He has been very good but his reign has been shocking. Just wich he lost it. It's like Lex Luther beating Superman because he broke his leg or some malarky invovling cryptonite, not the same as in the ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

The following is from WWE.com.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match Monday night on Raw with Mr. Kennedy. Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said, “No matter how serious, the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

But despite Cena’s vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and a new WWE Champion will be crowned.

wohooo f*ckin finally!.........tho im sure WWE will screw this up and put the title on somebody equally as useless on Sunday!

Incidently there is a poll...on wwe.com...to vote for you u want to see as WWE champion and leading the poll is - Val Venis 44.96 % 606607 Votes

Haha...quality, fans just dont give a **** anymore - ill go with Rory Mcallister myself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Well, I'd love to see Jeff Hardy get the title. I've never been a big fan of the hardys but I think that he's perpetually over, and a win like this out of the blue would add a bit of excitement to the wwe .... at least to raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

It's kind of annoying this has happened. I think Randy deserves the title but not like this. I can see the HHH vs Umaga match being made into a triple threat match with Orton for the title or a multibrand Battle Royle with the winner taking it.

• Advertisement

Vince was smart by not announcing the way the title will be won at No Mercy last night on ECW. I'm sure the buyrate will improve a lot with everyone speculating.

This will be one of the most interesting PPV's in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

Flair returns, wins title loses it at the next PPV to Orton....legend Killer strikes again....maybe Hogan will Return :P :(

WWE.com have changed their injury reports saying that Cena will be out for 6-8 months to "6 months to a year". He had surgery, so maybe it turned out to be worse than they initially thought

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Give the strap to Val! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cypher

if orton will itll be a travesty... much like cena's title reign, as much as i dont like seeing people on the slef as it kinda drags storylines into the gutter, im glad cena isnt a champ anymore

however orton as a champ will be so bad.... they need to drop the title to trips
    he always puts on a good show when hes champ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yes HHH put on great shows in 2003-04 when he was champ,winning every hard fought match singlehandedly and with clean pins and submissions,and not a lick of outside interference, yes vince thats what we need again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

None on the roster is more deserving to taking the title this weekend than HHH. He has proven himself as a credible champion time and time again. And when he does drop it again, as least whoever takes it from him will get a considerable rub. Though that will most likely be JoHHHn Cena when he eventually comes back.

Long live the King Of Kings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

gimmick wrote:
    None on the roster is more deserving to taking the title this weekend than HHH. He has proven himself as a credible champion time and time again. And when he does drop it again, as least whoever takes it from him will get a considerable rub. Though that will most likely be JoHHHn Cena when he eventually comes back.

*bows the f*ck down*
    VR!

Nah, Orton has to get it. He deserves it at this stage

There's an interesting poll on the Wrestling Observer site, it gives a few options for who you'd like to see win the title and who you'd like to see them defeat. Over half the people have voted for Jericho to beat Orton. That'd be terrible! Orton shouldn't lose now. They should have Cena at the PPV though, saying how he hates losing the title like this or somethin, cos then he could make a big impact when he returns

Fozzy wrote:

There's an interesting poll on the Wrestling Observer site, it gives a few options for who you'd like to see win the title and who you'd like to see them defeat. Over half the people have voted for Jericho to beat Orton. That'd be terrible! Orton shouldn't lose now. They should have Cena at the PPV though, saying how he hates losing the title like this or somethin, cos then he could make a big impact when he returns

I couldn't agree more.After being given a push over the last number of months it would make no sense to suddenly suddenly bring someone else into contention and give him the title.

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:

my brother says he read somewhere yday that cena offered to drop the title to orton at no mercy, vince dismissed the idea out of hand; saying something along the lines of "orton is not getting the title".

We will have to wait and see i suppose.

krudler wrote:
    yes Cena put on great shows in 2006-07 when he was champ,winning every hard fought match singlehandedly and with clean pins and submissions,and not a lick of outside interference, yes vince thats what we need again!

changed it for you krudler, HHH winning clean in 2003-04 you have got to be joking right, tell that to scott steiner, kevin nash, goldberg etc etc ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sarcasm is not your friend

rossie1977 wrote:
    my brother says he read somewhere yday that cena offered to drop the title to orton at no mercy, vince dismissed the idea out of hand; saying something along the lines of "orton is not getting the title".

We will have to wait and see i suppose.

Well Orton wasn't due to win the title at No Mercy anyway. The final match between Cena and Orton was gonna be Hell in a Cell at Cyber Sunday. Even at that I don't think Orton would have won anyway. Ok Orton maybe the one that deserves it most at the moment but that doesn't mean Orton will win. I reckon Vince is afraid because of the last time Orton was champ and we all know how well that went.

If Orton wins, will anyone give him a chance against HHH or any other opponant??

I think that Orton shouldn't be champ until Cena returns and Orton beats him clean. That way it would make Orton a lot more credible and he would have the momentum to have a long reign as champ.

TheNumpty wrote:
    Well Orton wasn't due to win the title at No Mercy anyway. The final match between Cena and Orton was gonna be Hell in a Cell at Cyber Sunday. Even at that I don't think Orton would have won anyway. Ok Orton maybe the one that deserves it most at the moment but that doesn't mean Orton will win. I reckon Vince is afraid because of the last time Orton was champ and we all know how well that went.

If Orton wins, will anyone give him a chance against HHH or any other opponant??

I think that Orton shouldn't be champ until Cena returns and Orton beats him clean. That way it would make Orton a lot more credible and he would have the momentum to have a long reign as champ.

so Orton is in the main event now,take him out suddenly and put him back in when Cena returns a year later?Doesnt make sense at all

krudler wrote:
    sarcasm is not your friend

its true though, cena had great matches this year with umanga, michaels, lashley, orton and even khali (ok it was a good match at judgment day), he won them all clean, no interference.

rossie1977 wrote:
    its true though, cena had great matches this year with umanga, michaels, lashley, orton and even khali (ok it was a good match at judgment day), he won them all clean, no interference.

Whether you like him or hate him Cena has been in some of the best matches out of WWE this year.Anyone(even the cena haters) that doesnt accept that knows that they are lying to themselves

fatal wrote:
    so Orton is in the main event now,take him out suddenly and put him back in when Cena returns a year later?Doesnt make sense at all

No i'm not saying that, I just don't think at this time he can carry the company like Cena has for the last few months. Sure he has had a great year and deserves the title at moment but i can't see him holding his own as champ. He needs more credibilty (i.e beating HHH clean) before he will be seen as a true star. If he wins on sunday, all well and good, i just don't see him as a long term champ.

TheNumpty wrote:
    No i'm not saying that, I just don't think at this time he can carry the company like Cena has for the last few months. Sure he has had a great year and deserves the title at moment but i can't see him holding his own as champ. He needs more credibilty (i.e beating HHH clean) before he will be seen as a true star. If he wins on sunday, all well and good, i just don't see him as a long term champ.

why does beating HHH and no one else give him credibility?Would you call him an uncredible champ if HHH was still injured and he beat Cena for the title.
    Im a big randy fan.I like his in ring work.I think that his title is overdue to be be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

His second title reign is overdue, but a lot of it is down to his own f*cking up as well.

And when (and i mean when!) they give Orton the belt, please for the love of christ, do not turn him face as thats what screwed up his last reign in the first place!!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Cena should get involved in the title match and cost somebody the belt, that would give great heat on his return

fatal wrote:
    why does beating HHH and no one else give him credibility?Would you call him an uncredible champ if HHH was still injured and he beat Cena for the title.
    Im a big randy fan.I like his in ring work.I think that his title is overdue to be be honest

I'm saying in the circumstances if he does win the belt this weekend, its not the best way for him to start of as champion, its going to look cheap because he has not beaten the reigning champion. What he needs to look credible as champ is a strong title defence against HHH or HBK or even someone from Smackdown e.g Undertaker.

Thats if Vince has strong enough faith in him to carry it off.

rossie1977 wrote:

Bryan Alvarez of Figure Four Online says this:
    The reason there wasn't an announcement made on ECW last night was because they hadn't figured out what they were going to do on Sunday yet. A meeting is scheduled for Thursday to discuss the matter. I do know that Vince is super high on Randy Orton right now, thinking he's far and away the hottest heel in the company, so he'll likely get the rocket strapped to him. They've already edited footage on WWE.com to make it appear that Orton did most of the damage to Cena, meaning Kennedy likely isn't going to get any sort of rub for "taking him out".

I just can't see Orton not getting it
    TheNumpty wrote:
    I'm saying in the circumstances if he does win the belt this weekend, its not the best way for him to start of as champion, its going to look cheap because he has not beaten the reigning champion.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if Orton was a face, but he's not. He can go around claiming that he's the best and all that, and you can have the commentators remind people that he never actually beat the previous champ. Apart from the people who insist on booing Cena, it'll make the rest of the fans hate Orton
    TheNumpty wrote:
    Well Orton wasn't due to win the title at No Mercy anyway. The final match between Cena and Orton was gonna be Hell in a Cell at Cyber Sunday. Even at that I don't think Orton would have won anyway

That Cyber Sunday match they had advertised between Orton and Cena could have been scheduled to be a rematch after Orton won the title at No Mercy. You can't know for sure

I've got to admit that a part of me would love Lashley returning and winning the title, it'd be be so funny to see the reactions of the likes of the people on Youtube who are celebrating Cena's injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Fozzy wrote:
    That Cyber Sunday match they had advertised between Orton and Cena could have been scheduled to be a rematch after Orton won the title at No Mercy. You can't know for sure

I actually agree here, as if Orton went on to win the title a Cyber Sunday then the fued would have carried over to yet another PPV. That would have made 5 PPV's with a Cena V Orton match for the Title. That would have seemed like pushing it a bit. I think Orton was going to win this Sunday and then the rematch at Cyber Sunday to end the fued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

gimmick wrote:

BEST. TROLL. EVER. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭in_da_club

cena is s**t!!
    hhh best wrestler ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 paddy_5000

I am not a fan of cena.. however his recent feud with orton was in my oppinion the best thing in wwe at the moment and it is a bad time for him to be injured. it seems the injury situation is becoming quite common considerine both edge and undertaker have been injured this year during there title reighns.

Advertisement