Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermostat Setting on Oil Burner

Options
  • 02-10-2007 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Morning

Can anyone tell me what the "normal" setting is for the thermostat on an oil burner. The burner is a Grant Euroflame 50~90. My wifes friend was visiting at the weekend with her kid and he took a shine to the bright orange dial in the shed. I've no idea what the original setting was but I noticed this morning that the radiators weren't as hot as they should be and when I checked the thermostat it was set at about 40. When I turn it up it seems to "click" at approx 60 so I'm wondering if this is the level it should be set at.

Cheers

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭secman

I usually keep mine set at 60 and only turn it up ito 65ish if we get a particularily cold snap.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Cheers. Set it to 60 this morning so hopefully thats it sorted.

Advertisement