Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom upload speed

Options
  • 02-10-2007 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I am on eircom broadband between 2 and 3 miles from the exchange in Newbridge, Co Kildare. I am thinking about buying a Slingbox. In theory my upload speed is 256 kbps. How can I check this in upload streaming as would be the case with the Slingbox.
    Also, has anyone got feedback on the Slingbox in general and in particular the new mobile phone Slingplayer application

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

you can check the upload speed on www.speedtest.net or www.speedtest.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Joe D'Arcy

Thanks. Tried it last night. As I suspected I'm getting less than 100k up and only about 800k down. So much for Eircom's 2MB service. This was over a wireless network. I will try over ethernet tonight to see if it is any better. Doesn't look like a slingbox will work!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you checked your line stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

dub45 wrote:
    Have you checked your line stats?

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's probably line.
    It's rare not to get full upload speed.

type address of your router into the web browser and look for them.

The address might be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.254 or either of those with a 1 instead of 0

If you go Start Run
    type cmd
    press enter
    type ipconfig
    press enter
    The default Gateway is likely your router address

• Advertisement
Advertisement