Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champion's League Matchweek 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Very happy that Sky 1 are showing Celtic as none of the Wednesday games are normally viewable to folk who do not have Sky Sports. If people want to see particular matches, they will probably have to subscribe to Sky Sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Nakamura has been in terrible form as of late for Celtic. The only thing is that he can still hit the free-kicks.
    Bad game against Shakhtar but has been playing very well otherwise. He's been playing through injury since the Asia cup, it got too bad against Shakhtar and hasn't been fit since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Very happy that Sky 1 are showing Celtic as none of the Wednesday games are normally viewable to folk who do not have Sky Sports. If people want to see particular matches, they will probably have to subscribe to Sky Sports

It's a lot worse over here. There are no games shown on terrestrial television as far as I've seen. It's all on Canal+ and it's a pain in the whole! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chelsea game also on Setanta Sports 1

The Setanta graphics suggest Gerrard on the right with Yossi left and Leto/Sissoko MF

Reina
    Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Aurelio
    Gerrard--Sissoko-Leto-Benayoun
    Crouch-Torres

Don't belive it myself.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

David Villa, 1-0 Valencia

Van Nisteltooy, 1-0 Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

look how they played against liverpool, man utd, etc just 4 months ago.. can't rule that out like.

??? Liverpool should have won the final. They centainly didnt hammer Celtic . They gave Utd a bit of a kicking but that was only 1 round and Utd were V poor in Europe last season

DesF wrote:
    And no-one showing Chelsea?

That's the match I want to watch.

None of the basic channells, but Setanta 1 and SSX are showing it. Stop being cheap and shell out fro a ss sub. Sure you could even get rid of that useless Shels season ticket and use that money, :D

Lazio equalise!

Pandev.

Stekelly wrote:
    ??? Liverpool should have won the final.
    rofl

Almeida for Bremen.

And Marseille had the ball in the net.

Let off for The Pool. Offside.

DesF wrote:
    rofl

What? We were the better team with the better chances. Kind of the opposite of 2005 but thats football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

lol, what game were you watching Stekelly?

PHB wrote:
    lol, what game were you watching Stekelly?

The same one that eveyone I've talkd sbout it to were apparently. Was also the general concensus from any I met ( from both sides) over there.

Won't be winning it this year on tonights performance, Leto not happening, Sissoko awful, Aurelio a bit lethargic. Riise will be on I'd say.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Won't be winning it this year on tonights performance, Leto not happening, Sissoko awful, Aurelio a bit lethargic. Riise will be on I'd say.

Mike.

Same could be said about the league but sure we're going to win that(especially with Harry back :) ) so have faith.:D

I can't remember being this bored watching a Celtic match in a long time. Terrible last 20-25 minutes. Kaka is having to come really deep. Pirlo's relatively poor so Milan are relatively poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Stekelly wrote:
    Same could be said about the league but sure we're going to win that(especially with Harry back :) ) so have faith.:D
    ha ha ha

in harry we trust:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

L'pool v Marseille. Saw around 35 mins of it and it was dire. Really poor game. Marseille had a goal ruled out for offside but it looked level to me.

I hope they get their act together in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

they must try and play slow because otherwise they will slip and boom goal for the other team. its all about who is going to make the first big mistake. mcgeady playing well, Kaka playing some great passes, hope he scores soon. have a bet on milan to win anyways. oh and that dude who said liverpool deserved to win the 2006/2007 champs league must be high on crack because Milan kicked your asses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Thrill wrote:
    L'pool v Marseille. Saw around 35 mins of it and it was dire. Really poor game. Marseille had a goal ruled out for offside but it looked level to me.

I hope they get their act together in the second half.

i hope so too, i got 100 quid riding on werder bremem and liverpool to win. pfft werder 1-0 up already

Meanwhile, Liverpool are kickign for touch. :rolleyes:

Looks like we're trying the old Ireland tactic of draw with everyone and hope to get enough points to take us out of the group.

ziggy67 wrote:
    1-0 Celtic, o.g. by Gourcouff coming from a corner.

Ya f**kin beauty! :)

I smell a Celtic - Rangers final. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

milan score the peno,1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Chelsea go 2-1 ahead with a goal from Drogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Marseille derserve it...1-0

• Advertisement

Bloody Sissoko, just when the team arent playing well, the last thing you want is to be giving the ball away in front of the box.

Jesus this is terrible, not one Liverpool player can make a pass, it's like Sissoko has infected everyone.

maybe we'll win the UEFA cup this season.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Stekelly wrote:
    Jesus this is terrible, not one Liverpool player can make a pass, it's like Sissoko has infected everyone.

maybe we'll win the UEFA cup this season.:)

And when they do manage to scrape the pass it bounces more times than a hooker on a fat businessman

I think that last corner summed it up . Lowish ball driven in to the near post with 3 players un,arked on the back.

celtic should win it now,2-1

• Advertisement

Yep it bad, whats more I don't care except that its part of a trend.

Celtic score 2-1

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Eirebhoy will be ecstatic, 2-1 to Celtic, and well deserved it was for them too.

Ólympiakos heading for the first away win in Champions League football in 31 games :eek:

How did that not go in?

Inside of the bloody post.

What an idiot of a Celtic fan but dear god, Dida should be ashamed of him self there:rolleyes:

wtf happened there with a celtic fan and the keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

ziggy67 wrote:
    Some a**hole ran on the park after the goal and tapped Dida, who is playacting now.

Has this w***er never heard of the Rapid Vienna incident!!!!!:mad:

Celtic will pay for the fan getting onto the pitch,

but what is dida at? the worst play acting i have ever seen, unless the guy had anthrax in his hands and it only kicked in when dida realised he couldn't catch him and Milan may have just lost because of him.

I had to get away from my telly to say I'll get the first flight over to Milan to give Dida exactly what he's saying he got. Probably the biggest overreaction to anything I've ever seen in the game. I'm not condoning what the fan did but I'm furious with Dida.

• Advertisement

How many minutes are being added on in the Celtic game?

ziggy67 wrote:
    Some a**hole ran on the park after the goal and tapped Dida, who is playacting now.

Has this w***er never heard of the Rapid Vienna incident!!!!!:mad:
    Idiot Celtic fan. If he paid attention to the game, he would have seen that the Milan players have been dropping like flies all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Celtic fan ran onto pitch and touched dida just below his kneck, Dida runs for 2 seconds after him then drops and holds his face!!!! Which was never touched, ban fan for life and ban Dida for 3 games for trying to con the ref.

Celtic have just beaten AC Milan, that is no mean achievement!

but what is dida at? the worst play acting i have ever seen, .

Worse than Rivaldo?:eek:

Strachen going nutzoid!

Mike.

YESSSS

What a ****in idiot that fan is though

Celtic will pay for the fan getting onto the pitch,
    i reckon that celitc fan will do time over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

and Dida was holding an ice pack against the side of his face to make a bigger fool of himself that he had made already

Think there's a danger here that Celtic might have to play a home game behind closed doors because of this . .

• Advertisement

Advertisement