Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champion's League Matchweek 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Dida should be banned for a month for that. Bloke is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

lol celtic fan runs onto pitch .and pats dida on the chest lightly ,
    dida chases him for a few secs then realises i cud causes trouble if hes goes down

so he FAKES HIS OWN DEATH and has to be stretchered off :eek:

i havent seen the likes of that since a certain chilean goalkeeper got injured by invisible flares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

BOHSBOHS wrote:
    i havent seen the likes of that since a certain chilean goalkeeper got injured by invisible flares

Bet UEFA think of a reason to cover it up and not punish Dida though.

have to say though, it was comedy gold.

Cant believe Sky sports are sensationalising it "Dida stretchered off after an altercation with a fan" sounds really bad. They should tell the truth "dida takes the piss and has the gall to folow it through to the end"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Stekelly wrote:
    Worse than Rivaldo?:eek:

Ok maybe in the heat of the moment i said something i shouldn't have said :)

Rivaldo is in a league of his own with that one.

What a clown dida is, i know it all stems from the fan getting onto the pitch, but he should recieve the same punishment as the fan.

Johnny Giles on rte saying he should also be charged with "immitating a goalkeeper" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Maybe Dida was trying to get the chap sent off.... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

im sorry guys, but dida had every right to go down, he had every right to look for protection wether the guy done anything harsh to him or not.

Save your angers for the scumbag who brought the whole of scottish football down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Eirebear wrote:
    im sorry guys, but dida had every right to go down, he had every right to look for protection wether the guy done anything harsh to him or not.

Save your angers for the scumbag who brought the whole of scottish football down

He had every right to do what he done? Have you seen the incident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Eirebear wrote:

I am sorry eirebear, that is unadulterated pish. The guy was running away from him. Dida should be ashamed of himself. He is a con man.

Correct but do9 not try and justify Dida because some gob****e fan touches him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Eirebear wrote:

Seriously, get a grip mate. I don't know how someone could be so biased to say such a thing.

First of all, I don't know how old the lad is. If he's 13 or 14 I've been chased by guards running onto pitches at the same age so I can't really say anything. Of course he was wrong but he gave the equivalent of a playful slap on the cheek. I've never seen anyone feign injury as much as Dida did in all my life.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Eirebear wrote:

I cant see how you can say that, the way he went down and rolled around was a disgrace. He has to be punished. The nut case of a fan barely touched him.

Well done Celtic on your wonderful result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Eirebear wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha thats a joke right?

There was no malice in what the fan did. He had no business on the pitch but he was not there to attack dida.

Dida is a fool and deserves to be punihed. He knew they were going to lose and looked for a way to be awarded a 3-0 win. He didnt even go straight down, he chased him first, he's a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Eirebear wrote:

Good man Eirebear, fair play to you for being brave enough to condone cheating and lying. Its not everybody who'd admit to being fans of both them traits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Eirebear wrote:

It's one thing to give a typical pc response but come on , protection ? for/from what ? A fine and maybe a match behind closed doors ? The stupid fans body language did not look threatening in any way.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

well I'll hold up my hands and admit I didn't think Chelsea would get anything tonight, but how wrong I was.

Drogba MOTM, special praise for Malouda Carvallho Makelele J Cole and mikel

what a ball by cole for the 2nd goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

taxi for Eirebear

county wrote:
    taxi for Eirebear

I think the fact the Celtic beat Ac milan is a better result than that other crowd last night. His best bet is to head back to "followfollow"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

and of course John and his amazing techincolour dream cast Terry.

smuckers wrote:
    well I'll hold up my hands and admit I didn't think Chelsea would get anything tonight, but how wrong I was.

Drogba MOTM, special praise for Malouda Carvallho Makelele J Cole and mikel

what a ball by cole for the 2nd goal
    It might be time to get Joe Cole into the fantasy football teams. :) He needed the one match to kick start him and Grant obviously rates him.

Liverpool fans are fairly quiet here tonight. C'mon lads, how bad were ye tonight. By all accounts Marseille were good value for their Win. As I did not watch that game I cant comment on it.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote:
    I think the fact the Celtic beat Ac milan is a better result than that other crowd last night. His best bet is to head back to "followfollow"
    Get a ****ing grip ya tit...if youll notice on the celtic thread i have already congratulated celtic on a fantastic result, and said i hope they dont get punished too much.

if you all remember the uproar last year, when a CELTIC fan attempted to chain himself to the posts in some kind of protest against israel, youll know what im talking about.

Does anyone know if UEFA are kicking down on defenders holding players in the box? Milans peno tonight was very soft. Pompey also got one against Liverpool last week and I think I heard the ref mention UEFA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

What are the odds that when Dida got carried off to the dressing room by the Milan medical staff said "quick someone hit him, HIT HIM!!!!"

We were ****ing awful.

Only hope is that this result might be kick up the hole some of the players needed. We seriously couldn't string two passes together, worst performance under Rafa.

On the other hand, and without making excuses, Marseille were absolutely excellent. Some goal too.

Eirebear wrote:
    Get a ****ing grip ya tit...if youll notice on the celtic thread i have already congratulated celtic on a fantastic result, and said i hope they dont get punished too much.

Anyway good result for celtic on the pitch tonight, i actually hope that you dont get done for this idiot....no really...i do...i think.

Yeah you acknowledged that Celtic had a good result. I must have missed the part where you congratulated them.

And less of the personal abuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Aquos76 wrote:
    Liverpool fans are fairly quiet here tonight. C'mon lads, how bad were ye tonight. By all accounts Marseille were good value for their Win. As I did not watch that game I cant comment on it.

Really really crap. Marseille pretty much completely out played us, definitely good value for the win. Pool were lethargic throughout and couldn't keep the ball at all. Marseille did everything right, passed well and defended excellently. The biggest insult is that only in the last five minutes did they play with any energy and movement, unlucky to hit the post but for feck sake why wait so god damn long to start playing. Really really pissed off about that performance. something needs to change!

eirebhoy wrote:
    Does anyone know if UEFA are kicking down on defenders holding players in the box? Milans peno tonight was very soft. Pompey also got one against Liverpool last week and I think I heard the ref mention UEFA.

yeah there seemingly new guidlines against it mate, was just talking to my old man there who was saying it was in the papers a week or so ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Liverpool fans are fairly quiet here tonight. .

?Theres been a lenghty match discussion on the Liverpool thread as well as updates here.

• Advertisement

ziggy67 wrote:
    Thats bang out of order, Eirebear is a valuable contributor to this forum IMO. First guy to say "well done" in the Celtic thread.

Whatever:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aquos76 wrote:
    And thats not a personal dig? Are you even a celtic fan...or another one of these "irish fans" who support <insert premiership team here> "coz theyre irish"?
    As i said good result tonight, i hope you dont get hammered for it, although i will be interested to see how the papers report it in the morning.
    And i think youll find thats more of a real reflection on what i said, jeez everyones a tabloid journalist these days eh?

Fanny

Eirebear wrote:
    And thats not a personal dig? Are you even a celtic fan...or another one of these "irish fans" who support <insert premiership team here> "coz theyre irish"?

And i think youll find thats more of a real reflection on what i said, jeez everyones a tabloid journalist these days eh?

Fanny

No I am not a Celtic Fan, never claimed to be one either. Yes I do support a premiership side. Man U. The only reason I watched the Celtic game tonight was because of them all I thought it might me the most entertaining one.

"Fanny" Lovely language:rolleyes:

Aquos76 wrote:
    No I am not a Celtic Fan, never claimed to be one either. Yes I do support a premiership side. Man U. The only reason I watched the Celtic game tonight was because of them all I thought it might me the most entertaining one.

"Fanny" Lovely language:rolleyes:

no you never claimed to be a celtic fan, but what confuses me is the fact that you use language such as "the other mob" and tell me my best bet "is to go back to follow follow".
    Pure indignant hatred for a team who obviously have nothing to do with you....nice.

As for my comments about dida, as i said i hark back to the uproar when Mr Gallagher ran onto the pitch at Ibrox during the Haifa game.
    Wearing his Pope John Paul II t-shirt and abusing Rangers players and fans alike, there were calls for bans and all the rest, just the same as there will be tonight with Celtic.
    Dida had every right to go down wether it was"a playful tap" or not. Were always told how intimidating parkhead is with 60,000 screaming fans rright on top of you and i have to say if one of them got near enough to do whatever that guy did to me then i would possibly do the same.
    As for him getting stretchered off....that was wrong, but he had every right to go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done to Celtic and Rangers last night what a laugh if they both get through and meet in a semi-final!

Liverpool were in every respect bar one (Reina) awful, played too deep, could'nt trap a ball bar Crouch, could'nt pass at all in a forwards direction, when close support was needed by Crouch/Torrers the nearest midfielder was 20 yards away. Sissoko should have been subbed in the first 20 mins, even Carra was at best okay with some shocking hoofed balls. Playing Leto was a nuts frankly as he kept running into trouble. Gerrard again very quiet overall.

Hope Liverpool do not escape the group, energies need concentrating on the league.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

Hope Liverpool do not escape the group, energies need concentrating on the league.

Mike.

Problem is though, the group is not over till December, the league could be gone by then.

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote:
    no you never claimed to be a celtic fan, but what confuses me is the fact that you use language such as "the other mob" and tell me my best bet "is to go back to follow follow".
    Pure indignant hatred for a team who obviously have nothing to do with you....nice.

Listen, you are going way off topic here. I said " the other lot, meaning Rangers. I hold no hatred towards any club. I enjoy the rivalry between clubs but hatred is way to strong a word.

I felt your comments about dida being right to act as he did, was said in such a way as to have a dig at your rivals fans. Maybe I was wrong.

Mike-We need the money that comes with getting out of the group....we can do both.

A CL & PL double :)

Aquos76 wrote:
    Listen, you are going way off topic here. I said " the other lot, meaning Rangers. I hold no hatred towards any club. I enjoy the rivalry between clubs but hatred is way to strong a word.

I felt your comments about dida being right to act as he did, was said in such a way as to have a dig at your rivals fans. Maybe I was wrong.

You were completely wrong dude, and i reckon you went out of your way to try and make an ass of me.
    I apologise for the personal abuse, that wasnt needed but believe me ive lived long enough around people who will quite happily make seriously offensive assumptions based on the fact that i support a certain team, so sometimes i over react to a wind up like that.
    for the record i use The Gersforum....less of the paranioa you get within follow follow ;)

2007/2008 coefficients so far:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/ccoef2008.html

For once both the Old Firm are putting in a shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Eirebear wrote:
    Dida had every right to go down wether it was"a playful tap" or not. Were always told how intimidating parkhead is with 60,000 screaming fans rright on top of you and i have to say if one of them got near enough to do whatever that guy did to me then i would possibly do the same.
    As for him getting stretchered off....that was wrong, but he had every right to go down.

Oh he might have had a right to go down if he hadn't ran after him for a second and he certainly didn't have a right to fake injury that just made him look stupid imo.

Scottish football looking up after Rangers great win last night and Celtic beating the former champions of Europe.

PS how about we keep this to soccer and keep the personal digs out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stekelly wrote:
    Problem is though, the group is not over till December, the league could be gone by then.

True but only if the first 11 are playing, I'd send out the bench and kids. They might show more wit and passion.

Mike.

irish1 wrote:
    Celtic beating the former champions of Europe.

That'd be current champions

Why was Terry still wearing his mask in the post match interview? I was under the assumption that it was to protect from any damage done by getting a knock? Did he think the interviewer was gonna stitch him one?
    I really hate Terry; we get it john, you are SUPERHARD!!!!!!!!

Ps. Did anyone see the headline in the mirror earlier? John Terry and his mask of courage......sometimes i dont know why i buy the paper at all.

irish1 wrote:
    PS how about we keep this to soccer and keep the personal digs out of it.

Already apologised for that mate..

Why was Terry still wearing his mask in the post match interview? I was under the assumption that it was to protect from any damage done by getting a knock? Did he think the interviewer was gonna stitch him one?
    I really hate Terry; we get it john, you are SUPERHARD!!!!!!!!

Ps. Did anyone see the headline in the mirror earlier? John Terry and his mask of courage......sometimes i dont know why i buy the paper at all.
    Is the mask there just for protection? He has a broken cheekbone.

You dont wear a mask when you have a broken cheekbone do ya? far as i know he was only wearing it so he could play.....maybe someone who knows for sure can clarify?

You dont wear a mask when you have a broken cheekbone do ya? far as i know he was only wearing it so he could play.....maybe someone who knows for sure can clarify?
    I haven't a clue but if I broke a bone in my face I wouldn't expect to be let out of hospital with a few pain killers and little else.

Dida incident:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/fwoman/video/5250449

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I think the issue with the fan coming onto the pitch is if he was armed etc (apologies if this has been mentioned before). In theory he could have killed/injured Dida if he was armed, I think thats the major issue Uefa will have with it. Didn't something similar happen in a Chelsea match last year, didn't some clown try and clock Lampard? Anyway Dida would do well not to watch the highlights of the match....the stretcher ffs.:eek:

cson wrote:
    I think the issue with the fan coming onto the pitch is if he was armed etc (apologies if this has been mentioned before). In theory he could have killed/injured Dida if he was armed, I think thats the major issue Uefa will have with it. Didn't something similar happen in a Chelsea match last year, didn't some clown try and clock Lampard? Anyway Dida would do well not to watch the highlights of the match....the stretcher ffs.:eek:

If he was armed and wanted to kill a player he'd have plenty of chances. Plus if your a steward are you going to risk your like tackling an armed man?

He wasnt armed so you cant treat the situation as if he was.

It'd be like you running by a woman and snatching her purse, then getting done for armed robbery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

eirebhoy wrote:

Yeh, Soccer Saturday were talking about it. They want it gone from the game apparently. I'll be happy if it does, I think it's really a crap part of the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement