Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champion's League Matchweek 2

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

1 of the most ignorant posts I've seen. How do you know what he felt? Psychiatrist are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

DSB wrote:
    1 of the most ignorant posts I've seen. How do you know what he felt? Psychiatrist are we?
    Dude..dont even bother trying..really....im still recovering...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stekelly wrote:
    Dida never even flinched until the guy was well on his was running off. He no more felt he was in danger than I did sitting at home.

Not the point tho, some tennis girl got stabbed on a tennis pitch :confused:

Dida got hit with a ****ing firework before, regardless of his claim to be top wussy in the world, there is a bit of a history there.

footballers not known to be clever and i would imagine the guy was fully focused on where the ball was ie being in a stadium with 60k fans going mental for 90 minutes, i would assume he blocked that out and focused on the ball then some skanger appears in front of him :O

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

Dida got hit with a ****ing firework before, regardless of his claim to be top wussy in the world, there is a bit of a history there.

footballers not known to be clever and i would imagine the guy was fully focused on where the ball was ie being in a stadium with 60k fans going mental for 90 minutes, i would assume he blocked that out and focused on the ball then some skanger appears in front of him :O

kdjac

Capriati wasnt it? Some tennis girl will do though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DSB wrote:

He chased him ffs. dont know about you but if I was scared of someone Icertainly wouldnt go chasing them. Use your brain. any gob****e can see Dida never thought he was in danger, he didnt flinch and he chased the guy, he didnt jump back and go cowering into a corner.

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

I believe they call it a court. :) T

he guy ran past him with his hands in the air , lightly flicked him a playfull pat on the way past and kept runnign with his hands in the air, unless DIda is the most paranoid person in the world, he knew he wasnt in danger. The guy was running away before dida really knew what was goin gon tbh and then he ran after him. Again not the actions of someone in fear of their life.

the firwork thing is hardly "history". Its a completely different situation and in no way connected.

If a random stone came over a wal as you happened to be walking by and hit you, would you spend the rest of your life in fear of any strangers walking in your direction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Monica Seles was stabbed in the back.

Mike.

Stekelly wrote:
    He chased him ffs. dont know about you but if I was scared of someone Icertainly wouldnt go chasing them. Use your brain. any gob****e can see Dida never thought he was in danger, he didnt flinch and he chased the guy, he didnt jump back and go cowering into a corner.
    If I was scared of someone who had just embarassed me in front of alot of people my pride might take control. And to be fair, by the time he had chased him he had fully determined that the lad had nothing in his hand.

DSB wrote:
    If I was scared of someone who had just embarassed me in front of alot of people my pride might take control. And to be fair, by the time he had chased him he had fully determined that the lad had nothing in his hand.

Fact is, there is not one bit of viual evidence (the only evidence that there is) to suggest he was scared. He knew what the score was (literally and figurativly) and took the piss.

is brain took a few seconds to engage and do what he wanted to do in the first place (jump on the ground pretending to be injured)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

mike65 wrote:
    Monica Seles was stabbed in the back.

Mike.
    Yeah, and she had a better record than Steffi Graf at that point, and was on course to become the most successful tennis player ever. Tragic stuff.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    Fact is, there is not one bit of viual evidence (the only evidence that there is) to suggest he was scared. He knew what the score was (literally and figurativly) and took the piss.

is brain took a few seconds to engage and do what he wanted to do in the first place (jump on the ground pretending to be injured)
    Have I defended Dida once? I think he should be punished. My point is that Celtic should also be punished. And not just a little fine that won't bother them at all. And in reality, the scumbag element of fans won't give a **** about their club getting a fine. Its the real fans who'd care, and those wouldn't do it anyway. But you can bet they'd care if their side ended up knocked out of the Champions League as a result of losing those points. Or weren't allowed host games at home. Its all about setting examples of offenders. Celtic's security was ridiculous. And they should be punished accordingly. Before another Monica Seles incident happens. And when it does I'm sure there won't be a Brazilian playacter there to take the focus off some real issues.

There is no way to 100% protect players. Short of having a 1:1 ratio of Police/stewards to fans, or completely segregating fnas with a big glass screen the whole way around the pitch. Even then if someone is crazy ennough to want to kill a player they would just do it somewhere away from the ground.

It's a tiny risk that all players face. How many times has something like the Seles incident happened (across all sports) . I cant think of another one. Thats not a bad record all told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Stekelly wrote:
    There is no way to 100% protect players. Short of having a 1:1 ratio of Police/stewards to fans, or completely segregating fnas with a big glass screen the whole way around the pitch. Even then if someone is crazy ennough to want to kill a player they would just do it somewhere away from the ground.

It's a tiny risk that all players face. How many times has something like the Seles incident happened (across all sports) . I cant think of another one. Thats not a bad record all told.

Spot on.

Do people really think any top notch stewarding outfit would be able to stop a person who really wanted to get on a pitch? If someone really wants to get on the pitch they will, unless drastic measures as quoted above were present.

No but I mean if there was some policeman running after him while he ran towards Dida you would have some sort of understanding. But this wasn't simply a case of just not 100% protecting him. It was 0% protecting him. It's been said before and I definitely agree that if this happened in Galatasaray people would be screaming holy murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Look, an idiotic fan ran onto the pitch and as he ran past Dida gave him a tap. There was no malice, Dida was not hurt in any way shape or form. I doubt very many people would be screaming holy murder if it happened at Galatasaray! They would be reacting the same and calling Dida a gob****e as well as calling for the fan to be banned and charged with an offence (breach of the peace?).

All the arguments about what could have happened if the idoitic fan had a knife is absolute nonense. An idiotic fan with a suicide belt outside the stadium and blowing himself up when the opposition team bus arrives would cause a teeny weeny bit more damage than Dida throwing himself to the ground. Are you going to tell me that roads should be closed when football teams travel?

You are recommending throwing the book at Celtic (or any other team) based on what could have happened if the fan had a knife or a gun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DSB wrote:
    I definitely agree that if this happened in Galatasaray people would be screaming holy murder.
    I don't know about that. It's pretty clear that the fan was just ecstatic and had no intention of hurting Dida. Judging by the comments on youtube from people all over the world that certainly is very clear.

I've said befoe a fine will suffice....they shouldnt be throwing the book at Celtic and i doubt they will.
    But to say that celtic should NOT be punished in anyway is ludicrous, the guy not only got on the pitch...But he managed to get out and have a good nights sleep to himself also.
    that to me is Awful security, and id be questioning the "fans" who let him back into the stands past them too.

A fine, a slap on the wrists and lets all forget abut this eh?
    Celtic came up with a massvie victory, and its all been forgotten about because of this twat. (or maybe 2 twats if we include dida)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Nunu wrote:
    They have also asked Milan to explain the reason for Didas substitution.

Milan should just send back a four word reply.....

HE....IS....A.....TIT

Advertisement