Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone broadband opinons

Options
  • 02-10-2007 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Having been burnt with the whole 3 broadband debacle, I'm looking for peoples views of vodafone broadband.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

Yes Vodafone are very reliable and have good speeds I can play on wow and xbox live with no lag i got vodafone because their was no other providers in my area except for crapwire.

102820334.png

Ultimate+solder.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

How much is the vodafone Broad band and how long is the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Ive had for over a year and haven't had many problems with it, its advertised as up to 1.4meg which is a lot slower than what 3 have been saying but I find it to be a much more honest estimate. I usually get in or around 1 meg. Its better than 3 but still can't compare to dsl,cable or fixed wireless, and only should be thought about if your sure of no other options or if you need mobility.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

having scanned through the thread on '3' I'd greatly appreciate reports from others on how vodafone is performing, particularly around the northside of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Vodafone were the only BB providers in my area until very recently. Package was expensive at €50 a month for 18 months for a 3.6meg connection. I dont live in a Hsdpa area so I dont see any speeds remotely like that. I find my connection is no good for Games or VOIP due to high pings but some people seem to find their areas are better.

The connection is very reliable, its virtually never down. They seemingly do not bother enforcing their download cap, I fly by it almost every month, but it probably wont always be like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement