Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Class Skippin'

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Friendly reminder: don't start bad-mouthing lecturers in public, it happened last year & they were NOT happy.

And by public, I include boards.ie

All my lecturers were grand, my compu arch lecturer was a funny guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Splat75

That_Guy wrote:
    It's true though. I mean we pay a lot for our registration fee and you'd think the lecturers would make some sort of effort for the money we're paying to be educated.

I hate to break it to you, but the money paid at registration is not for your tuition, it's for capitation. College fees for non-private colleges in Ireland are paid by the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oh right.... Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lilyrose

to rate lecturersgo to RATE MY TEACHER.COM -genius idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Friendly reminder: don't start bad-mouthing lecturers in public, it happened last year & they were NOT happy.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

K.O.Kiki wrote:

*ahem*
    *keeps mouth shut, runs away*
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

I got a letter from DkIT this morning and thought the worst so was afraid to open it, when I finally did they only wanted my PPS number LOL.

annex wrote:
    I got a letter from DkIT this morning and thought the worst so was afraid to open it, when I finally did they only wanted my PPS number LOL.

haha ah what I said was much worse and I never got a letter ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

draffodx wrote: »
    haha ah what I said was much worse and I never got a letter ;)

Very intriguing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

When i was in dkit i skipped half a semester. Needless to say, i didn't return.

• Advertisement

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    When i was in dkit i skipped half a semester. Needless to say, i didn't return.

isnt that just called leaving? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

I hope you know that attendance is noted and can contribute to isolating the fact that you have been a year long waster, therefore in the event of one just about failing there is no comeback,grow up kids!!!

One of my lecturers said that if you don't do particulary well in an exam at the end of year that they'll check your attendance and if it's been steady then you should pass it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

you said it, not worth dossing at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I've figured I'll have to repeat semester one instead of going into second straight away, screwed!

At least I've accepted it's my own fault

That_Guy wrote: »
    One of my lecturers said that if you don't do particulary well in an exam at the end of year that they'll check your attendance and if it's been steady then you should pass it.

Oh dear, looks like I'm screwed for one or two subjects...
    Does this count if the lecturer hasn't been properly keeping attendance..?

Merrick wrote: »
    Oh dear, looks like I'm screwed for one or two subjects...
    Does this count if the lecturer hasn't been properly keeping attendance..?

no, if the lecturer has no record of your attendance they cant use it in anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

in first yearI skipped more classes that I went to, in second year I went to all them except for Communications (I think I only went to 5 of those) and last year I went to almost every class

draffodx wrote: »
    no, if the lecturer has no record of your attendance they cant use it in anyway

Sweet, not as screwed as I thought then! I've only not been turning up enough for two subjects, but in fairness they're not worth it, my time was better spent by not going...

Haven't really bothered with communications to be honest. I go the odd time but that's only to collect work I've handed in.

• Advertisement

Haven't really bothered with communications to be honest. I go the odd time but that's only to collect work I've handed in.

ah good old communications, such an annoying module, its something you dont want to do, you dont like, you dont understand why you have to do it but you do, and its really boring.

do you still get marks just for attending? and do ye still have to do the presentation about an business idea your group had?

The first couple of weeks I attended there was no attendance taken or anything and to my knowledge there is still no attendance being taken.

The only presentation we have to do is with a group of three about absolutely anything you want. It's a "communicating and listening exercise".

Wow communications... I hardly went to that either... And even when I went we just ended up having the craic with the lecturer. I don't remember having to do a presentation at any stage :confused:

The first couple of weeks I attended there was no attendance taken or anything and to my knowledge there is still no attendance being taken.

The only presentation we have to do is with a group of three about absolutely anything you want. It's a "communicating and listening exercise".

hhhmmm.....not sure if the attendance counted in first year or not actually, do you have to keep a dairy/report of your study activity too?

No we don't have to do anything like that at all.

Advertisement