Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner Nail Technician evening/night course in Dublin/north wicklow area?

Options
  • 02-10-2007 12:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’m interested in a change of career. I’m 27 and want to get out of what I am doing at the moment. Basically I always thought I should have done a degree while in school so I did, but now I’m working in an area I don’t enjoy.

I’m interested in becoming a nail technician as this is always something that interested me. Obviously to start out with I will need to start training in the evenings/night time. So I was looking for an evening course/nighttime course which will work around my current 9-5.30 Monday to Friday job. I work in the city centre and live in Bray, so something convenient would also be a plus! Anyone know of any decent ones which would have good accreditation?

Any help you can give would be brilliant!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

I went to a further education school while working. CHeck it out Portobello school of further education just on Dominick St behind the Ilac centre! Good courses on there!!! they have a website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

yes i'm the same, looking for a good course. i've found a couple around city centre but they are so expensive. so I hope you're prepared to pay.

www.youngnails.ie
    www.christrio.ie
    www.uniquenailsystems.com
    www.academy.ie

check them out. let me know how you get on :)
    to be honest young nails are supposed to be the best, but the cost of training is impossible. 1100 to become a nail tech - its crazy!! and for just 3 days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

Thanks guys, well i better start saving i guess!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rainbowchic

why dont you try associatenails.com they have courses all over Ireland and they are definitely who I would recommend, I done a course with them in Galway for Gel Nails and also done my manicure & pedicure course with them aswell and they were really professional, 4 days spread over a month and you really will know what your doing after the course has ended. I done my course in salon services, thats were associate nails run their courses, so if you want to do your training in Dublin or Cork or wherever then they will have a course running there. I paid about 750 euros & that included my starter kit too, well worth the money, am going to get onto the nail art course that they run, dont know when its on so will have to find out from them, would love to do it in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

girliegirl there is a place beside smyths in bray that does part time beauty courses and I think they might have a nail one. Its called carrig something. Hope that is a help. Might be handy as you live in Bray.

• Advertisement
Advertisement