Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm

Options
  • 02-10-2007 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been quoted 300 notes for a car alarm.

Is that a good/bad/average price?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Totally depends on the type of alarm and what features it has.

€300 for a fairly basic alarm is not a bad price. Just make sure it is Thatcham approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What make/model?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Hmmm...he didn't say, just looked at my keyfob and said "300 euro", that's why I am on here to see if that price is good or bad.

Me thinks I should investigate this further....especially the Thatcham bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if he looked at your keyfob, then it's likely your car already has an alarm? that or the alarm is gonna use the cars existing remote to arm and disarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What car's it for?

Phone him back and get the name of the alarm and it'l be easier to tell you if its worth the price ect

• Advertisement
Advertisement