Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

sand blast reg number into car glass, every window?

Options
  • 02-10-2007 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

the shot garda stopped a stolen nissan almera, if low level cars are being stolen does anyone know a cheap outfit who will sandblast/ put the reg number of my joe shmo jamjar on every window - saw it on a car yesterday...otherwise how would i know the car with new plates and a skanger at the wheel -look for the shotgun mebbe?, :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Check your car insurance .. some policies will let you get it done for free. Usually it's the same crowd that do windscreen repairs / replacements. And even if you don't get it done for free, it's pretty cheap anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Otherwise you could identify it by the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) which should be imprinted into the engine block, and is probably printed in one or two other places around the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Most insurance policy do it for free as it makes the car less appeling for thiefs as it's harder to sell on the stolen parts.

But the best bet is not to get the car stolen. If the car is modern just hide your keys and they can't take, unless on the back of a truck. Otherwise go for a good alarm, immobilizer(sp?) and a heavy chain around the wheel or an insurance approve auto-lok type device.

At the end of the day if they want your car they'll get it, just make it hard for them. But the reason they steal the lower end cars is because most of the prestige cars can't get insured now without a tracker. Also a couple of skangers in an Almera will attrach a lot less attention then in an AMGxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

is someone in the humour to call them to get a price? 1850363655 .... I can barely speak because of the flu...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Buy a safe for your car keys, easiest and cheapest solution.

Also ask yourself this, if you car does get robbed would you want to see it again? I wouln't I would hope it would be torched or shipped out of the country as it wouldn't be the same again.

Advertisement