Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super strong blue tac?

Options
  • 02-10-2007 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a way of sticking models together temporarily, like some sort of superstrong blue tac, or weak glue like post it notes.

Any ideas or other ways to achieve it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Double sided tape...
    Put your fingers on the "glue" several times, that will be easier to remove after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Cheers, I had tried it before without much luck. I ended up using silicone this time, it is pretty strong and rubs off easily enough if you want to detach stuff and properly glue it again. Tape is good for instant stuff but a really thin layer of silicone is good- you allow it to become tacky before putting the mating part on and it can be stuck in 10mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Use that cemet stuff:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

The cement stuff does exactly what it says on the tin. It is like cement and makes a strong bond

Its not strong.
    Some stupid american came up to me in work and asked the question in your sig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

My mate builds models. He sometimes uses tiny magnets to hold stuff together. Real cheap to buy, too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160150466702

Snots came to mind.
    Ha Ha!

Advertisement