Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where do you dispose of old Oil

Options
  • 02-10-2007 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Where do you dispose of old Oil?

Thanks

Kluivert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

The local Council waste facility has a 50 gallon drum that I use. Have to pay fior it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Down the drain:D

Or if thats blocked head over to Ballymount/Ballyogan Dump and AFAIK they take it for free. It was last time I did about a year ago, but I also had electrical and may have forgotten some of the other stuff I had;) I know that they have now started charging for green waste, so they may have started charging for used oil:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

V & W recycling in Dundalk will take it.

Question answered thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Not to hijack the thread but I have a few litres of old petrol which needs to be disposed of. Could I bring it to said places and put it in the oil? Is it re-refined I wonder? Or does anyone have any ideas where it could go?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

:confused: old petrol?? is it gone stale or something ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You could have the uber barbecue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

Drax wrote:
    Or does anyone have any ideas where it could go?

The local kids will need it in a month or so for teh bonfires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

barryfitz wrote:
    :confused: old petrol?? is it gone stale or something ???

Yep probably! Petrol does go off if left for a while. I had a motorbike lying up for a while and I needed to drain the carbs and tank. Probably sitting there for a year or so. Someone told me I could use it the mower but at that point it was manky and had brake fluid chucked into it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dade wrote:
    The local kids will need it in a month or so for teh bonfires
    Not a good idea.

Advertisement