Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Hamster

Options
  • 02-10-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

My 2 and a half year old hamster is nearly dead by the looks of things (he's like a crusty/swolen eyed zombie (seriously)).
    Would it be best to have him put to sleep by the vet? Will the vet do this and how much would it be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I've seen this kind of thing before and it's often an infection or a tumour. Difficult to treat or even diagnose sometimes but it's defo worth going to the vet as i'd say it's quite painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

You need to take the poor thing to the vet first of all to find out what is actually wrong with him. Then the vet will be able to give you professional and informed advice on what would be the best course of action.

Advertisement