Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I won a car!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Nice one Henry. :D

How come nothing like that happens to me?

/edit prob because I'm too mean to buy a ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I'd better not say what it is. Yet. Might proove embarrassing :o

Is this it?

http://www.jokeslab.com/jokepics/my_new_car.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

It's a Toyota Aygo.

I understand your disappointment.

You were hoping for something with a BIG BOOT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Toyota, boy. Charge what you bloody well want for it and wait for a mug. Tell them it's a good price and they won't even check!

Seriously though- I know of many examples of people passing on the good luck and getting it straight back again..... I'm getting very philosophical in my old age...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Oh the irony!

Which model Aygo did you win? and does the car have to be registered to yourself straight away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Push it off a cliff for fun maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

do a top gear challenge on it. turn it into a limo or something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Ok, your twisting my arm, I'll give you 5K euros cash for it.:)

Dinky toys.....top prices paid

yeah right! you can do better than that, this one hasn't been taken out of the box yet!

Well it's a start, I don't see anyone else putting their money where their mouth is. What will you go on it Colm? ;)

• Advertisement

I can get all the new Aygos I need thanks!

I sold a red 8 month old Aura 3dr for €10k last November.
    I'm presuming Henry won a 3dr Terra in non metallic red, new retail price €12k.

Ok so, 5.5k.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Congrats HF - what did you win it in?

sounds like a credit union prize?

wouldn't mind winning one of these, an Aygo 2.0 Strata!

aygo20pk4.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's a 5 door Aura. Metallic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

Colm McM. will get a kick out of this. It's a Toyota Aygo.

Henry - Toyota Aygo is an absolutely smashing little motor. One of the finest Toyota produce...and I'm no Toyota fan. If I was forced at gunpoint to buy a Toyota it'd be up there above the Avensis and Auris for sure....oh and that skip they call the Corolla!! :D

Sounds to me like you could do 2 things. First thing...if you don't really need the money and know someone needy look at donating it. You would feel like a king giving a brand new car like this to someone (maybe old?) who needs a little run around. Food for thought anyway...the karma alone...you'll be paid back many times over!

But...if you don't know someone or do want the money then hang on for a 08 reg and advertise it in December on Carzone with details - this is a prize...brand new car...covered by Toyota warranty...and knock 3-4 grand off stealer price. Someone will bite your hand off for it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd be hoping to get a bit more than 70% of the retail price CarLover! :D

I'd be hoping to get a bit more than 70% of the retail price CarLover! :D

Well...yes...perhaps 3-4k was a bit much to hack off :)

But you will always have that issue with people believeing they're buying a second hand car without warranty...particularly with the type of buyer you'll be targetting!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

b@stard! Not that id necessary want one, but if its free, its all good! Congrats! Why not debadge it and stick on a citreon c1 badge! Who'll know! :D

they're €13,700 new, max discount you'd get from a dealer would be around €900. that leaves the cheapest ones you can get new at €12,800, and the cheapest demo models at €11,800 or so. There are no ex rental Aygos.
    Do you have to register it straight away?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure Colm. Will find out over w/e. I've had 2 interested parties contact me already, which is good I guess.

Price is €12890 ex works according to Toyota.ie btw

What's charged for delivery?

around 495 for delivery depending on dealer and 420 for metallic.

Ok car will be delivered within a few weeks and registered to me. I have a choice of colour. Any thoughts?

It has to be registered immediately btw.

Mid Blue or navy. Very safe colour for this car...looks good in blue as well.

It's only available in 3 colours I think. Ice blue, Fire red, and Anthracite grey.

The blue is a very light shade.

Light blue isn't great. Red would put a lot of people off. Grey is the safe bet...and probably looks quite good.

It's a small run around so likely buyer will be an old dear.

I agree. The grey looks ok. Offers are starting to arrive btw.

Car is now advertised on www.adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Car is now advertised on www.adverts.ie

Be careful, this could be seen as profiteering ;)
    Thats why I bloody got banned from adverts....even if I was selling below the retail price.

I'd say you'll sell it within a few days, great little city car.

Advertisement