Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

programming and sw devlopment work from home

Options
  • 02-10-2007 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,
    There is probably a thread about this somewhere else, but i couldn't find it.
    So here goes. I am a java programmer with, J2EE, XML, bit of PHP javascript etc etc, who wants to go back home to the west of Ireland. I have been looking for telecommuting jobs (that do not appear to be scams) with out much success.
    Ideally if there was a central place that coordinated programmers could access to source telecommuting work exclusively, that would be great.
    Does anybody know of either a web site/portal, or recruitment companies that have telecommuting work?
    I also am proficient in SCM stuff, CVS cruisecontrol ANT. I know a little about design petterns etc.
    It would be easy to set up a developent environment across different domestic sites at little cost.
    Anybody intertested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Never used this site myself, but I see it mentioned a lot online and in the press, might be of interest:
    http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/default.asp

I don't know if recruiters/agencies source the kind of work you're talking about, but you could always ring up a few and enquire about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 raananhax

.....it appears though that they don't pay too well, too many folks form developing countries can under cut people from the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I'll put you in touch with someone based in Clare - they might want to use you for bits n bobs...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'll put you in touch with someone based in Clare - they might want to use you for bits n bobs...

This is not a recruitment website, yes regi did advertise a job but he owns boards.ie. He can do that if he wants too, and he still asked permission to do so. The rest of you do not own boards.ie and will not use this forum as a personal recruitment fair.

If somebody has skills you need, use your imagination as to getting in touch with them off thread. You won't find it too mentally taxing.

Next time I'm banning people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Forum charter has now been updated to reflect this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement