Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French earthed plug to IRL/UK adapter?

Options
  • 02-10-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was in Morocco recently and one thing I noticed from travel there was that their 3-pin plugs are, well, not quite that: they're two pins with a hole for the earth - and the earth pin sticks out from the socket itself! Apparently it's the same system used in France. ("Type E" system, apparently. We're "Type G").

Now, I've a multi-way adapter back from there and it has this round French plug with the female earth and the two male pins, for connecting to the mains. Are there any French to UK/Irl adapters out there for this purpose? I've seen the Shuko-Irl adapter (with the side earth) but this plug is fully round so won't fit into one of them.

I didn't see them at Dublin airport and Google has not found any answers for me either! Many sites sell international adapters but don't cater for this female earth scenario.

A drawing of these kinda plugs is shown on http://www.kropla.com/!e.htm.

TIA!

Comments

Advertisement