Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy old stuff

Options
  • 02-10-2007 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Couldn't find an answer to this in search/FAQ but...

Is there any place in Dublin city to purchase old or second-hand pc parts?

I'm rebuilding an old Athlon XP box I have as a Linux based DVR which is low-power/silent and I don't want the latest and greatest 800KW PSU's etc.

Some time ago the computer shops would sell parts left over from upgraded systems but these days it seems everything is bought new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I've got an FSP 215W 20-pin PSU to take away. Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

dawn computers, its around goatstown/clonskeagh.
    it does not open regular hrs so ur better off finding there phone no. and ringing them.
    also maybe try laser in windyarbour,there right opposite the mental hospital,they repair pc's and i would say lookin at there shop they should have older/2nd hand stock.
    imo these places will be pricey so i would say ebay might be better suited to you.
    hope this helps,
    keith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭proteus

I've got an FSP 215W 20-pin PSU to take away. Any use?

Thank you extra-ordinary_gentleman for your kind offer but I'm looking for a fanless <350W model and some other hardware about two years behind current models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ebay is your best bet.

Advertisement