Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGR 4 Region Free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

its back ordered. how long will it take for them to re-stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nice one, I've already got a huge backlog of games, so don't mind waiting a little while longer for it...
    Play-asia are normally good at getting stock, i'd estimate that it'll be in stock again by the weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's back in stock again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Nice one, ordered now, thanks for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, my copy dispatched just now, thanks again for the heads up
    This is a damn good deal seeing as the PAL version isn't even released until the 12th:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Am I missing something...

The links the OP posted says that the item is not available for shipping to Europe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Oh f**k in a big way, hope they don't stop shipping of 360 titles to Europe, one of my favourite things about the 360 will have disappeared.

Hopefully it's only because that title isn't released in this region yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Am I missing something...

The links the OP posted says that the item is not available for shipping to Europe??
    It didn't say that the other day, but they seem to have re-arranged which categories PGR is appearing under now for some reason. They have also got rid of the icons showing the region compatibility from the page as well. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Mine has been shipped. Thanks for the link but I used my own :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

it's showing this now

"Compatible with Xbox360™
    For JPN/Asian systems only. asia.gifntsc-j.gif "

Grrr...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I heard it was region free too, why change it?

Most of the 1st party games are, are they not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

VG+ tested PGR4 (US version) and said it's region free. I'm not sure what's going on with Play-Asia. Perhaps they're doing this temporarily while they test it themselves, or maybe there is something else going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cool my mothers off to the states in a couple of weeks, gonna get a chatpad, PGR4, HD-DVD player, Bioshock and anything else I need!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Maybe MS weren't too happy... and this is just a temporary precaution to stop people buying it till they figure out were they stand. Apparently a few other 1st party titles have also had their region-free status changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

So, even though it says it's not region free, it is? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Happened with gears of war. Think it was just play-asia themselves trying to get people like us to order the more expensive American version.

Ah at any rate its a good thing i have a Japanese 360 just for ocasions like this :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Do they still ship to Europe as the site says not for sale in Europe ?
    And how long does it take to get here ?

Flaccus wrote:
    Do they still ship to Europe as the site says not for sale in Europe ?
    And how long does it take to get here ?
    They do still ship to Europe, they just seem to have changed the listing for the Asia version of PGR4 today. It has generally taken about a week for anything I've ordered before to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

The current listing for the Asian version of the game says they DO NOT ship to the European Union - so the site should stop you when you're ordering. Anyone had a try yet? I'm not too pushed as my 360 is being repaired haha :rolleyes:

Ebay is still an option for around the same price.

- Nei

• Advertisement

theothernt wrote:
    The current listing for the Asian version of the game says they DO NOT ship to the European Union - so the site should stop you when you're ordering.
    It is just the Asia verions of PGR4 that they have now blocked EU orders from being placed for, and this change was only made today. Other Asia version games are still available to order from them. They may change the listing for PGR4 once it's released over here though but at the moment it does not let you complete the order with an EU account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

robinph wrote:
    It is just the Asia verions of PGR4 that they have now blocked EU orders from being placed for, and this change was only made today.

Yeah, it seems to be just PGR4 and only because it's not out in Europe yet. You can still buy BioShock and ship it here for 35 euro, for example.

Obviously Play-Asia are just playing it safe because they don't want to be the next Lik-Sang - I mean, just Google "pgr4 region free" and you'll see the early Asian release and cheap price are no secret :)

- Neil

Yeah I have to agree with theothernt that they are probably playing it safe. I ordered mine and got shipping confirmation. They probably changed it when they saw how many European people were buy it, and change it so as not to get the big ban hammer that hit liksang!

I can confirm this is region free from play asia. Got my copy today and popped it into my elite and its working!

Yep region free

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When did your copies get shipped, guys? Mine was sent on Thursday so hopefully I'll get it by Friday.

Mine was shipped on Thursday I think.

Yeah my shipped email was sent Thursday 4th

Strange I didn't get it today then. Oh well, tomorrow hopefully. The demo just went up so that'll do me till then. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ah a demo is on live eh? Good! me is going to download for sure :)

Any links for shipping to Europe?

Advertisement