Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGR 4 Region Free

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

My god this game is good!
    While PGR3 was a fantastic game, this feels like the game that it could have been if Bizarre had time to give it an extra bit of polish and get used to the 360 dev kits.
    I'd say wait a couple of days and order the chinese version from play-asia, it's definitely region free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Got mine in the post yeterday... Great game, much better than 3. Handeling of the cars is spot on... Its exactly the way i like my car games, pick up n play. No pick up, doodle with settings for an hour n then play. GFX r good, not great(say, GT HD on the PS3).... They aint that far improved over 3, the rain is class tho... really well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Have been messing around with single player today, like it tbh. Have avoided the bikes so far but love all the cars they've got.

Thumbs up from me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Got my copy yesterday as well. So far so good. The series is starting to show it's age a little and the menu system is kinda crap which drags down the presentation a little but other than that it's big improvement on PGR 3.

And the achievements are piss easy. I was only playing for a couple of hours yesterday and racked up over 300 without trying. There isn't much reward for platinum medals either which is disappointing.

The gameplay is as addictive and fun as ever though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

So what's the story? Can this still be bought region free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

It sure can. Try Play-Asia.com It might not say region free but it is. I got mine there and its an NTSC-J copy and works fine. At the moment the cheaper €35 copy is showing that it wont ship to the EU but the €42 NTSC-J and NTSC-U copies are not showing this. so your talking €45 including shipping for a copy at this stage

http://pgrnations.com/

23rd Best nation in the world :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I was having difficulty earlier trying to play on XBL.

Before I was using the lappy as a bridge and I could find games to join but today I got some cat5 and ran it to the xbox instead. I could go to multiplayer > ranked play but no matter what option I picked I ended up back at the screen to push 'A' to select a race type.

It didn't even show my rank over the single race types. :-/

Maybe it was a once off but I was looking forward to sitting down for some pgr action.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Xtra Vision are doing PGR3 for 10 euro at the moment.
    Picked up my copy the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Its back to PAL for the cheaper version again

Just ordered it for €36 here

• Advertisement

Been playing PGR3 and I think it's bollocks. It looks a lot worse than Burnout 3 on the PS3 and it handles like a piece of crap.
    Looks like my nephew will be getting an extra Christmas pressie this year.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Been playing PGR3 and I think it's bollocks. It looks a lot worse than Burnout 3 on the PS3 and it handles like a piece of crap.
    You're wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep. Horribly wrong!
    It's not all that bad looking considering it's a launch game, and the controls are some of the best out there for this style of game imo.

Meant to add it was just a router problem the other day.

Really love PGR4 on Live. The feeling of winning a hot lap race by .09 on the half F1 track is ****ing mint.
    Got that guy must have been sickened :p

Shame about the muppets that hammer into the first corner and take you out :(

http://pgrnations.com/

Quite proud to be Irish on that list. Imo not too shabby given the small population :)

Go team Ireland!

jayteecork wrote: »

Aye for a launch game it's pretty good tbh. With the difference between the 2 games in terms of quantity of content you can tell they rushed PGR3 out for launch though.

I won't be playing the Project Gothem series anymore.
    I'll be looking into getting Burnout paradise - a proper next-gen Burnout game.

Advertisement