Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Basketball

Options
  • 02-10-2007 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi!
    I've recently moved to Dublin. I haven't played basketball in about six years so am totally out of shape. Even then the school team was only brought up to a C grade by our team... However I did love the game and still miss it. Would there be anywhere I could play in Dublin, especially since I'm not of a sufficiently high standard to play on a competitive team?
    I'm currently based in D9 i.e near Phibsoboro town centre but not far from Drumcondra or Glasnevin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

You should try Tolka Rovers, the gym is based on Griffith Avenue Extension. Good club with a few women's teams, and I think maybe just some training sessions for people who don't want to play competitive. The website is http://www.tolkaroversbasketball.com/cgi-bin/wiki/tolkaroversbasketball and there is probably a contact number on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sandy_claus

That's great. Thanks a million. I will give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭djsctt

Hi,
    St Vincents Basketball Club also have a ladies team and are based in Glasnevin.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 curlywee33

I realise this is a shot in the dark but if you still looking for a team (5 yrs on!) we're looking for players:
    Training/matches in Inchicore Tuesdays (7-8:30) and Terenure Thursdays (7-8:30). Some playing experience necessary, but don't be put off if you haven't played in a few years. Contact 087-7979013 or maeversoconnell@gmail.com

Advertisement