Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems trying to initiate the repair process

• 02-10-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Surprise surprise, my Xbox has packed it in and is now showing the 3 red lights. I tried to request the order forms via email the week before last, which I received but have been doing exams so the 10 day validity of them lapsed.

I'm now trying to reapply for a repair via the webpage but am being shown:
    "No Product SKU's were found for the information you provided. Please verify your information and try again" when I try to submit the details.

Also, the phone number given (beginning with 0800...) will not work for me - I think it could be an English one.

Anybody have any ideas as to what I should try? Can I contact Microsoft Ireland directly?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/contact/

Assistance by phone:

1 800 509 186

or +353 12420758 from a mobile phone

Hours of operation:
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
    Saturday: 09:00-20:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Thank you very much.
    I actually did look for contact details (briefly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

No probs!
    Fingers crossed for a speedy turnaround time.

Well they told me they would send the labels within 24 hours. I presume this means via email but still nothing! Or else they come in the post tomorrow...Either way, I'm glad to get the ball rolling!

**Also, maybe this is me being greedy, but how/when do they offer complimentary games/etc? I wouldn't mind cashing in on this!**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Just to add, don't bother trying to email them, this is what I got:

"Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support.
    Due to the complex nature of your query we are unable to resolve via email"

Wonderful :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

besty wrote:
    Well they told me they would send the labels within 24 hours. I presume this means via email but still nothing! Or else they come in the post tomorrow...Either way, I'm glad to get the ball rolling!

**Also, maybe this is me being greedy, but how/when do they offer complimentary games/etc? I wouldn't mind cashing in on this!**

If this is the first time its broken you won't get anything complimentary apart from the 1 month Live Gold membership unless it takes a long time to be returned.
    I didn't get anything until the 4th time.

Just a brief follow up on this. I've eventually printed out my labels etc. Just have what is a very stupid question - but what kind of boxes/packaging have most people used when preparing their Xbox for collection?

I.e. do you have to fill it with bubble wrap etc? I also know you can't use the original box so I'll have to look another out tomorrow.

Thanks for any help. (again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I just used something that was big enough and tried to use padding from whatever I could find (old bubble wrap etc) i got it back in a nice purpose built box instead, call up to Letterkenny sure and i'll let you have a lend! ;)

I just used something that was big enough and tried to use padding from whatever I could find (old bubble wrap etc) i got it back in a nice purpose built box instead, call up to Letterkenny sure and i'll let you have a lend! ;)

I appreciate the generosity, but it's slightly out of my way! I'm sure I can dig out some form of box with some of the original box's foam or something like that. It's hardly brain surgery, but having said that, I'm sure to be cursed tomorrow.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I used the origional box then wrapped it in a black sack so no one knew what it was :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

besty wrote: »
    Just a brief follow up on this. I've eventually printed out my labels etc. Just have what is a very stupid question - but what kind of boxes/packaging have most people used when preparing their Xbox for collection?

I.e. do you have to fill it with bubble wrap etc? I also know you can't use the original box so I'll have to look another out tomorrow.

Thanks for any help. (again)

You should ship it back in a Playstation 3 box just for the laugh

Mustangs wrote: »
    You should ship it back in a Playstation 3 box just for the laugh

I'm kinna wishing I had one to use!

I just found my old Sky+ box the decoder came in. Would that be OK to use does anyone reckon? I'm not mad about how secure it seems to be in there though for international transit!

UPS man just told me expect to have the Xbox back in 7 days.
    I won't hold my breath.

Quick question.
    I've been checking the status of my Xbox repair online via Xbox.com/support over the past few days and today the status has finally changed to "Device Received at Service Center". From this point, does anyone have any idea as to how long I can expect to be waiting? I know it's a bit of a shot in the dark, but what have people's experiences been?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

About 2 to 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

once my 360 was collected it was back in two weeks ( it has since turned into a PS3 ) .

if you are looking for a box to pack it in easons sell box's , i got one to send mine off and it was only €2.

Makaveli wrote: »
    About 2 to 3 weeks.
    I expected as much! No Pro Evo for me then! :(
    Clover wrote: »
    once my 360 was collected it was back in two weeks ( it has since turned into a PS3 ) .

if you are looking for a box to pack it in easons sell box's , i got one to send mine off and it was only €2.
    I've already sent it off Clover, thanks for the info though. If I could get a good trade in for all my Xbox 360 stuff I reckon I'd go for a PS3 too at this rate.

Advertisement