Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sell Or Scrap?

Options
  • 02-10-2007 4:26pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My 96 Mitsubishi Mirage was recently crashed into which means that the front left week and bumper need to be replaced/repaired. I got a quote of €1200 for that and got €1100 from the other person's insurance. The problem is that the car has plenty of other problems that need to be fixed - new timing belt, new front suspension, leaking power steering, possible new clutch. All told, it's probably going to cost €2000+ to fix everything. So, the issue is should I just bring it to a scrapyard and be done with it or should I try and sell it for parts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Give it to me :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'll cut ya a good price there boss!

Seriously though, if I was to sell it, what could I get for it?

Stick it in the broken&stolen for a few hundred squids - emphasize that it needs work, and highlight the good points (eg. engine perfect, etc) - someone somewhere wants it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Ahhh I wouldn't bother my butt trying to sell it for parts. Is it driving...? If so, take it down to your loacal scrap yard and ask them what they'll give you for it and whatever it is.... take the hand off him.

From past experience, put it in the buy and sell, you will have a load of gombeens ringing you up wasting your time..... Is the drivers door ok....? Can I just buy that so....? Would it cost much to fix it....? Blah Blah Blah Blah....

Just not worth the hassle IMHO

It is driving and it's a nice car to drive too. Such a shame really. I'm thinking the scrap yard route will be my best option. Anyone know a decent scrap yard in South County Dublin? I'm thinking of going to the one in Dun Laoghire.

• Advertisement

You could always put it on the www.adverts.ie site - costs nothing.

/edit - just saw you're a mod on this site - talk about teaching your granny to suck eggs :)

And an Adverts Mod too ;)

I might have a bit of luck. Brother knows a guy with a body shop who might buy the car, fix it up and sell it on :)

Advertisement