Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT BT Billing Woes - Need Number

Options
  • 02-10-2007 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I'm being bounced around from person to person inside in BT trying to get my phone & internet billing sorted ... i'm being overcharged. I have BT broadband for years & recently switched the phone over to BT aswell from eircom.

I recall seeing some contact details for someone in BT who has helped people on boards.ie with their billing ... anybody have them ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

try complaints@btireland.ie , they have 10 days to fix it or you may then send the same email to info@comreg.ie and let comreg earn their crust .

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Same here, they've been overcharging me constantly for over a year now. I ring them up and they fix it, only for the overcharging to start again next time. Just looked at my last bill and now they've even charged me for a package I don't even have :eek:

I think that complaints address is going to get a scorchin' soon! Thanks Spongebob.

B.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Just the facts guys .

If you do not get a reply in 48 hours telling you its being looked into then post back here. One would not want BT to go back to their bad old ways without putting it up to them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

esat are terrible for this kind of ****. I had an account with them (ISDN) a few years ago. used it for 2 years without any problems, never saw a bill until after they randomly decided to cut me off it was €2300 or so. i got out of it, but other people didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Just got something similar - I've been trying to cancel my bt broadband for the past few months initially using their online cancellation option in the my account page and also in writing as per their support section. I got a guy called Jason O'Carroll on the phone today who was very nice and got it sorted but said that they had no record of the cancellation requests or the letter I sent. He also mentioned that their billing team wasn't aware of any online cancellation options. I've mailed their customer care, himself and info@comreg.ie so I can try and get my 360 euro back seeing as the credit card I pay with won't allow me to cancel the direct debit - bt have to do it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

good to see some things never change

after 5 years(!) of esat billing department laughs, culminating on them setting the instrum justitia collection agency hounds on me (twice, twelve months apart), i finally got shut of them, got a written apology and the "debt" written off.... but only after writing directly to their (then) CEO.

so that's my advice - talk to organ grinder, not monkey.

oh and don't post people's names on a public forum without clearing it with them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Result!

Just got a call from bt to say they've got my issue solved and are going to credit the money back. I dropped them a mail cc'ed to customer card and also to com reg they had it sorted in a day. Fair play to jason and their online cancellation seems to work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

My bt broadband went bust back in early July. 10 days later, BT were still none the wiser as to why it was not working and I had not received a replacement router either.

I got annoyed and told them I wished to cancel everything, phone and internet. I was sent out the forms, I sent them back by post 1 time, which they never received.... then by fax 4 times, one of which they received.... Eventually, severly annoyed and stressed with the situation, I wrote 1 formal letter of complaint... I emailed another when told they had no record of it. I had to make a verbal formal complaint when told they had no record of the fax either.

All the time this was going on, I was getting billed for something I was not and could not use. This carried on up till late October when I finally got a refund by cheque. Not over yet though, the refund was too little, so I am awaiting another cheque to bring it up to balance.

All in all, It will be over 5 1/2 months just to cancel everything and get a refund. Not exactly what you would call good customer service.

Just a note, always make sure you say Formal Complaint, it is a formal complaint that they legally have to reply to withing 10 working days. Keep track of everyone you talk to, times and dates also. When you find someone who gives you their contact, don't be afraid to hound them if nothing is happening. Finally, if getting no where, threaten legal action.

mj

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Whitey
    There are a few guys on here who didnt get billed for years. I think one regular member here got 3 1/2 years free broadband and they even upgraded his service during that period.

Maybe you were paying his bill for him.:D

boopolo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Eventually got it sorted.

Be sure to keep a record of EVERYTHING names of people your dealing with, the time you call, length of call, emails, faxes. But be prepared to wait!

Comreg were helpful. If you mention comreg and the consumer agency they seem to take you a bit more serious.

Advertisement