Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Street Lighting

Options
  • 02-10-2007 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting a little 'war' with the council street lighting people.

Does anyone have a list of streets where there are faulty lights, lights missing, trees overgrown, etc.? Or where improvements should happen?

I have my own list, but I'd like some fresh ideas before I share it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Victor wrote:
    I'm starting a little 'war' with the council street lighting people.

Are you some sort of neighbourhood busybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

micmclo wrote:
    Are you some sort of neighbourhood busybody?
    Hell, no. I'm going citywide. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

I really object to the way that 100s of high power lights are erected along motorway roads going out of Dublin (such as the N11 and Naas Road), while at the same time plenty of places in Dublin city are left poorly lit. The only accomplishment is unneccessary light pollution while leaving pedestrian zones less safe :eek: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Why don't you start a war with DCC over the poles (not Polish people!) everywhere. These seem to be put up for either signs or lights but have neither. The council must have put a order for 100s of poles but forgot to order what goes on the top.

Advertisement