Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics

Options
  • 02-10-2007 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

what are people's opinions on this subject - am finding it very difficult -wish i had taken biology instead! anyone know waht the most important topics to cover are or are there any that can be left out?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Its a quite easy subject in my opinion, deffinetely much easier than biology. The course is quite short, which is a big advantage when it comes to studyin.
    What i advise is to learn of the market structures, that is Oligopoly, Monopoly, etc. the question on them will deffinetely come up. Then u have to decide which section of economics u like the most, either the micro or macro. If u re not aming for an A+ then u ll be better of just learnin one of them. U can pass a paper easily by knowin only one section.
    mm aw and dont forget the current affairs :) Our teacher advised us to by a magazine called "The Economist", just read though it once in a while, cause examiners tend to put in the current affair parts in most of the questions this days :)

Anyways, i hope u find it easier :) any more qs. just ask, i can give some notes on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Yuugib wrote:
    Its a quite easy subject in my opinion, deffinetely much easier than biology. The course is quite short, which is a big advantage when it comes to studyin.
    What i advise is to learn of the market structures, that is Oligopoly, Monopoly, etc. the question on them will deffinetely come up. Then u have to decide which section of economics u like the most, either the micro or macro. If u re not aming for an A+ then u ll be better of just learnin one of them. U can pass a paper easily by knowin only one section.
    mm aw and dont forget the current affairs :) Our teacher advised us to by a magazine called "The Economist", just read though it once in a while, cause examiners tend to put in the current affair parts in most of the questions this days :)

Anyways, i hope u find it easier :) any more qs. just ask, i can give some notes on it :)

Its definetely an easier subject to study than biology as Yuugib pointed out but even though Im only in 5th year doing it as an extra subject, the marking scheme for economics is extremely detailed compared to the biology marking scheme ( the biology marking scheme only requires specific words in sentences in answers). So you really have to cop on when giving answers in economics as they have to be absolutely precise to get full marks. On the other hand the economics course is extremely short, and from what my teacher has told me. Easily predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

economics exam will probably be easy, but im a bit confused over national income and inflation and all that sh*te. i love the PED,CED,YED etc. and the consumer and all that stuff cos its all really easy, but i hate all that boring cr*p that you have to write about, like john maynard keynes, GNP,GDP,Trade, and especially the state of irelands economy cos frankly i could care less about that cr*p!

Advertisement