Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless with NTL

• 02-10-2007 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I've had ntl broadband for a couple of months. When I got it installed I didn't have a wireless capable laptop but I made sure they left the wireless router. I now have a wireless capable laptop but I'm not able to get the router to connect with my puter. Does anyone know how to do it or do I have to get an NTL tech to come out to my house to set it up for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I take it they sold you the Linksys WRT54 G/GS/GL? In your web browser, open up http://192.168.1.1. Enter the admin username and password. You'll need to enable wifi, set it to use WPA encryption and use a strong passphrase.

Then on your laptop, turn on wifi and let it scan for wireless networks [have a look at the wireless symbol in the taskbar if using Windows' zero config utility for configuring your wifi]. Then you'll need to enter your passphrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

NTL usually supply a Netgear router. Model no. WGR614v7.

NTL won't setup your wireless system. Don't waste your time ringing them cause you'll get nowhere. The only thing they'll check is that the modem is working. If it is Netgear, the setup is fairly straight forward and the installation cd's give you a step by step guide to follow

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When I set up the netgear for a friend a good while ago it was simply a matter of turning off the modem and router - making sure you have them connected correctly via ether net of course. - turn on the modem first and then turn on the netgear - your laptop should then pick up the default netgear wireless signal. Try it first without any security and then set your own wpa security.

It really isn't all that difficult.

Advertisement