Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a 360 this week...

• 02-10-2007 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

It's been eating at me for ages, but now that Halo 3 is about, and with Guitar Hero 3 on it's way, I've diving in...

Gamestop has a 360 + Crackdown + €100 in vouchers for €360, and I have a €40 Gamestop voucher. With the €100 voucher, I was going to grab Halo 3, but I'm not sure after that... does anyone have any recommendations? I'd deffo be interested in doing some Live play. Does the Xbox come with a trial for Live?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Gears of War and Forza 2 are great online. You'll get a month of free Gold Live subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

helios wrote:
    It's been eating at me for ages, but now that Halo 3 is about, and with Guitar Hero 3 on it's way, I've diving in...

Gamestop has a 360 + Crackdown + €100 in vouchers for €360, and I have a €40 Gamestop voucher. With the €100 voucher, I was going to grab Halo 3, but I'm not sure after that... does anyone have any recommendations? I'd deffo be interested in doing some Live play. Does the Xbox come with a trial for Live?

I'd wait while for XBox360 with new CPU made in 65nm technology. Less problems with overheating etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

How does the gamepad charge? Is it AA batteries? What's the story with the 2 battery charger? Worth the buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

helios wrote:
    How does the gamepad charge? Is it AA batteries? What's the story with the 2 battery charger? Worth the buy?
    Yep, 2x AA batteries.

Your best bet is to get the official play and charge kit, which has a replacement battery pack and a cable to connect the controller to the 360 for charging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Saw a poster for this deal in xtra vision a few weeks ago....dunno if its still there but::::360 Premium,Forza2,Halo3,Crackdown and extra controller for E400

seems very good but as i said,it was a while back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

ciano1 wrote:
    Saw a poster for this deal in xtra vision a few weeks ago....dunno if its still there but::::360 Premium,Forza2,Halo3,Crackdown and extra controller for E400

seems very good but as i said,it was a while back

Thanks for that, but I think I might go with Gamestop. The €100 vouchers are making it more appealing.

Can anyone comment on the messenger chat pad yoke? Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd say the gamestop vouchers are more like €10 off if you spend more than x ammount, they're not going to give you one big voucher...

I'd go for the xtravision one if I were you, it seems to be a better deal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

helios wrote:
    Thanks for that, but I think I might go with Gamestop. The €100 vouchers are making it more appealing.

Can anyone comment on the messenger chat pad yoke? Is it any good?

I wouldnt worry about the vouchers, they are 20x€5 off, thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The messenger pads very handy..got one yesterday and highly recommend it if IM a lot or if you're a real lazy bastard like myself :D who can't be arsed to use the controller to type out names..
    It slots into the front of the controller and fits seamlessly. You can play away as normal with it on even if you're not using it.
    Get it from gamestop as they're only charging €29.99 for it.
    Harvery Norman's was looking for €49.99 for it..robbin bastards :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I picked up the chat pad as well, although I've not been able to use if for MSN as they won't let us merge my live account with my already existing MSN account. You'd barely know it's there when playing but it's much better for sending messages over Live and any other time you'd otherwise need the onscreen keyboard in a game. Just depends on how lazy you are I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

I just use a keyboard I picked up for a tenner with a long lead plugged into one of the front usb ports. Dead hand to type on compared to the onscreen keyboard,or even the messenger kit i'd imagine. Cheap as chips too

Advertisement