Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Helicoiling, in cork

Options
  • 02-10-2007 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Anyonme know of a place in or around cork that does helicoiling?

thnaks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what do you need to rethread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

I would think a proper rethread would be a better option than that helicoil stuff?

Kelly engineering in Midleton should do anything you ask them, but they are not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

wavin wrote:
    Anyonme know of a place in or around cork that does helicoiling?

thnaks

Do Murphys in Douglas St still do them? Havent got that done in a long time :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wavin

colm_mcm wrote:
    what do you need to rethread?
    a sparkplug socket
    I would think a proper rethread would be a better option than that helicoil stuff?

Kelly engineering in Midleton should do anything you ask them, but they are not cheap.
    dunno much about it really, someone recomended it on another forum

will ring around and get recomendations from engeneer type people anyways

cheers for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

do you mean the engine block?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

A helicoil has to be replaced each time you screw in/out. A much better option is a 'threaded insert'. Do a google on it and you'll find out what that is. Kennedy's engine rebuilders next to Union Chandlery on Penrose Quay sell them, and can install them too. They'd be one of the few places I'd trust to do it.

Advertisement