Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise to Carlow - Exit off M7?

Options
  • 02-10-2007 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,220 ✭✭✭✭

Is ther an exit off the M7 (Portlaoise Bypass) for Carlow or do I have to enter the town?

If I have to go into the town where is the road to Carlow in relation to the Garda Station?

I'd usually come into the town from the 1st exit off the motorway (from Mountrath side) and come in along by the GAA Field and Garda Station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

hi see below, the Abbleyleix Road roundabout is the roundabout at the garda station, you will be taking the second exit of this and what follows will get you out of Portlaoise onto the stradbally(carlow road)
    afaik no exit for carlow of M7

0.2 At Abbeyleix Road roundabout take the 1st exit onto the N80 (signposted Carlow) N80 112.0

0.3 At James Fintan Lalor roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 (signposted Carlow) N80 112.3

0.2 At Timahoe Road roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 (signposted Carlow) N80 112.5

0.2 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 (signposted Carlow) N80 112.7

2.3 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 N80 115.1

7.1 Continue forward onto the N80 Entering Stradbally N80 122.2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,220 ✭✭✭✭phog

sabrina99 wrote:
    hi see below, the Abbleyleix Road roundabout is the roundabout at the garda station, you will be taking the second exit of this and what follows will get you out of Portlaoise onto the stradbally(carlow road)
    afaik no exit for carlow of M7

0.2 At Abbeyleix Road roundabout take the 1st exit onto the N80 (signposted Carlow) N80 112.0

0.3 At James Fintan Lalor roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 (signposted Carlow) N80 112.3

0.2 At Timahoe Road roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 (signposted Carlow) N80 112.5

0.2 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 (signposted Carlow) N80 112.7

2.3 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 N80 115.1

7.1 Continue forward onto the N80 Entering Stradbally N80 122.2

Thanks Sabrina, do you know if the Carlow road is the exit near the church at the end of the town (on the old bypass)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

I actually headed to Carlow through Portlaoise at the weekend. You head up the road to the right of the church, up a bit of a hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,220 ✭✭✭✭phog

I know the junction. There are 2 roundabouts side by side iirc.

Thanks for your replies.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

phog wrote:
    Is ther an exit off the M7 (Portlaoise Bypass) for Carlow or do I have to enter the town?

If I have to go into the town where is the road to Carlow in relation to the Garda Station?

I'd usually come into the town from the 1st exit off the motorway (from Mountrath side) and come in along by the GAA Field and Garda Station.

If you want to avoid town, I'd recommend going onto the exit off the M7. As you exit the motorway you come onto around about. Head in towards Portaloise. As you do take the next left. Keep travelling to the next roundabout and take the first left and you are on the Stradbally road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement