Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another NTL question

Options
  • 02-10-2007 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've just moved into new apartment and the previous tenant had NTL digital TV and broadband. I am quite sure that both services are still connected as NTL keep sending bills to the flat and are taking money from the previous tenant's account via direct debit.

My predicament is that I still have my own NTL router from last year when I had NTL connection in a previous house - NTL no longer bill me for that connection. I tried plugging my NTL router into coax cable in the new flat and it seems to connect to the service ok - at least that's what the blinking LEDs indicate.

But when I connect the computer and try to access a webpage, I am diverted to a NTL page that prompts me for my NTL SSID (same as NTL username, it says) and password. Obviously I don't know the previous tenants SSID or password as they aren't printed on the bill. However, last year I never had a NTL username and password myself. Nor was I ever prompted for one when I tried to access the internet. Anybody know a way I can find out my old NTL username/SSID (I think NTL still regard me as an 'active customer') or how I might stumble upon the SSID and password of the previous tenant?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Try calling the NTL/Chorus/Chello billing department?
    Sure anything else would be fraud by deception. ;)

Advertisement