Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grafton street this morning

Options
  • 02-10-2007 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

anyone know what was going on outside footlocker, there were 3 or 4 fire trucks, possibly an ambulance and firemen running around with saw's and sledgehammers, it was weird.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

A 37yo woman tried on a new pair of runners. They were too small. Her feet swelled and she couldn't get them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

ciaranfo wrote:
    A 37yo woman tried on a new pair of runners. They were too small. Her feet swelled and she couldn't get them off.

True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

It's quite embarassing really, but I was trying to wedge my foot into a size 4 shoe and things went awry to say the least...

10 minutes after requesting the shoe to try on, 2 shop assistants were knocked out, another had his finger jammed into the heel of the shoe with my foot virtually vacum packing it in and a poor little old lady got a flash of my knickers as I attempted to hoist myself into the shoe and fainted at the sight!

It was awful, but I mean, for 40% off, I just couldn't say no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Meatwagon

millymolly wrote:
    anyone know what was going on outside footlocker, there were 3 or 4 fire trucks, possibly an ambulance and firemen running around with saw's and sledgehammers, it was weird.

A fire per chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

millymolly wrote:
    possibly an ambulance and firemen running around with saw's and sledgehammers, it was weird.
    An ambulance running around with saws and sledgehammers? You're right - that would be weird! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,251 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

photo shoot for the 2008 calander?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Half price sale for wellies and safety shoes ?

Half price sale for wellies and safety shoes ?
    .....and down to Brown Thomas for the blazers and smoking jackets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

On a related note, without opening a new thread. Anyone knwo what happen at Dunnes Stores on North Earl Street at about 4:00pm?

.....or in Dorset Street at mid-day - Gardaí in unmarked cars and wearing Garda overalls and surgical gloves! ??

• Advertisement

Christ between Dorset st, Mount st, North Earl st and Grafton st it seems the Gaurdi had a busy day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This thread reminds me of the Little Britain episode when Dyfedd Jones 'comes out' to his parents!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddhqyD9cMdw

And there's a crime wave in the village.

I heard on the news this morning about a raid on a INLA member in Dublins city centre,early yesterday. I reckon that what was going on in Dorset st.

Anto McC wrote:
    I heard on the news this morning about a raid on a INLA member in Dublins city centre,early yesterday. I reckon that what was going on in Dorset st.
    The INLA raid was in the Stanhope Street/Church Street area at evening rush time. I got caught up in that also. The Dorset street thing was around noon!

Advertisement