Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what do you seriously think will become of CHELSEA..

• 02-10-2007 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Me
    this is what I fear :
    Players leave in January and next summer, club will continually fire and re hire
    managers not giving them a chance to gel, club will be a disaster .. LEEDS united road ...

this is what I hope (well obviously id like to win the league and CL this year but being realistic) :
    Players will leave that can't be stopped.
    Hopefully though RA will get a decent manager in next summer and spend BIG on a bunch of players .. hopefully that can have an impact as it did in the summer of 2004 ..
    So this season is definetely out the window but I have some hope for future seasons ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Ambrovomich will pump lots of money in this January, then if Grant doesn't perform, will get some top top attacking football coach, give him hunderds of millions to spend. Then what happens will be interesting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was reading today that RA wants to bring Zola into the club in a coaching capacity to rescue some popularity with the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Marco Van Basten ftw. And quickly too a defeat to Valencia and whoever they play at the weekend should accelerate the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote:
    I think Ambrovomich will pump lots of money in this January, then if Grant doesn't perform, will get some top top attacking football coach, give him hunderds of millions to spend. Then what happens will be interesting :)
    Yes. I don't think they will win the league this season, but they will be top 4, and in the hunt next season again. They aren't going anywhere.

People are predicting them 'doing a leeds', but that seems tom ignore the fact they have a mega super rich owner who is still funding them, and will be for the foreseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Tauren wrote:
    Yes. I don't think they will win the league this season, but they will be top 4, and in the hunt next season again. They aren't going anywhere.

People are predicting them 'doing a leeds', but that seems tom ignore the fact they have a mega super rich owner who is still funding them, and will be for the foreseeable future.

I hope so .. some people say RA will get bored .. i don't think so but even if he does, there will be plenty of mega rich guys waiting to take over .. it's fashion at this stage in England..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sorry mate there has being alot of theards about this subject already maybe one of the Chelsea fans should start a Chelsea discussion and rumours theard like alot of other club fans have..
    I don't mean to be smart or anything like that ,its just an idea because I can see this subject going on and on , and being re visited after ever game /result.

Ps sorry if such a theard already exsists.

The players are going to be upset about recent events until precisely they remember where their big fat pay checks are coming from.

As long as the mega wealthy Russian doesn't get bored of his plaything Chelsea FC will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

sorry jackdaw but this is the at least the second thread in the past few days you've started on the subject. WE GET THE PICTURE!!! CHELSEA HAVE AIDS AND ARE GOING TO ALL DIE!!!

seriously ROCKMAN makes a good point. give them a general discussion thread so jackdaw can post all day long how sacking Mourinho has upset the meridian energy flows in north london which will affect the harmony of the interaction between tectonic plates and subsequently they are now vulnerable to ripping apart and the entire area of western europe will effectively implode and so on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

There is a chelsea thread its in the Sticky that noone ever ****ing reads :mad:

Chelsea will get anew manager not grant and next season will be great to watch.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

jackdaw wrote:
    I hope so .. some people say RA will get bored .. i don't think so but even if he does, there will be plenty of mega rich guys waiting to take over .. it's fashion at this stage in England..

Haha, sure there are! Those mega rich guys are in it for the money. They see it as having the potential to provide a good return on a substantial initial capital outlay. Look at the clubs who have been taken over recently: Liverpool, Aston Villa and Man City. None of them have been going absolutely mad splashing the cash. They've all got huge fanbases and to a certain extent have been dormant in the last few years (particularly Villa and City).

Chelsea, on the other hand, is what a man with way too much money to ever spend (16th richest person in the world) and no kids treats himself to. And I don't think there are too many of them knocking around! I don't think it's a case of RA getting bored but if the fans decide to turn on him, it could get a little messy. I don't think he'd have too many sleepless nights though, considering the stories of how he made his money in the first place!

And yeah, +1 for the Chelsea discussions and rumours thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

KdjaCL wrote:

no there isn't. i've looked for it before in there. thought of starting one meself, but i thought that'd be best left to a Chelsea fan.

besides as an almighty mod you could just move the threads there til people get the general idea surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

KdjaCL wrote:

That would be the fantasy football thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

They'll get bailed out again by roman or some other rich fella with more sense than money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Seriously how many of these threads is there going to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DSB wrote:
    Seriously how many of these threads is there going to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

F**K IT
    I am going to start one

Advertisement