Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting opinion piece

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Meh, I dunno. It's not really that great an argument. I don't like the way he's associating David Ickle with the 911 truth movement.

As for the whole situation, I dunno. There's definatly holes in most of the 'alternative theories'. I reckon that's more a result of 'I don't buy the official story because of XYZ' however 'insert my version here' makes more sense IMO.

See the problem with that is that the bullsh1t lies in people's own ideas of what actually happened.
    To qualify as a true opponent of the Bush regime, you must also now believe that it [the Bush regime] is capable of magic. It could blast the Pentagon with a cruise missile while persuading hundreds of onlookers that they saw a plane.
    Or (in the highly unlikely event that they were willing to fight dirty) they could pay people to give 'eye-witness' accounts
    It could wire every floor of the twin towers with explosives without attracting attention and prime the charges (though planes had ploughed through the middle of the sequence) to drop each tower in a perfectly timed collapse.
    Remote control charges maybe?

It could make Flight 93 disappear into thin air, and somehow ensure that the relatives of the passengers collaborated with the deception.
    No actually, hypothetically speaking, if they were willing to murder the people in the twin towers, what's to stop them murdering the people in flight 93.
    It could recruit tens of thousands of conspirators to participate in these great crimes and induce them all to have kept their mouths shut, for ever.

Maybe everyone involved was invited to a party in building 7 where they'd get a front seat of what they'd managed to pull off. :)
    In other words, you must believe that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and their pals are all-knowing, all-seeing and all-powerful, despite the fact that they were incapable of faking either weapons of mass destruction or any evidence at Ground Zero that Saddam Hussein was responsible. You must believe that the impression of cackhandedness and incompetence they have managed to project since taking office is a front. Otherwise you are a traitor and a spy.

Another way of looking at it is they went into Iraq, blatently lying. As a warning message to the rest of the world. 'We can do whatever we want and there's nothing you can do about it'
    The lack of WMDs is irrelevent seeing as how a large percentage of Americans don't even realize there was none. In effect, effective propeganda tied up that lose end.

The thing about these accusations is, when thinking about it hypothetically, you have to take into consideration that we would be dealing with very intelegent people here, who obviously would have felt confident that they could get away with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement