Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why doesn't every car have this very important feature?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

My Golf has a temp warning light and a temp gauge. It sits pretty much at half way from 5-10 mins after starting, but I think that's a characteristic of the VW thermostats - good temperature control.

There's actually a dead spot in the middle of most temperature gauges... it lets the driver know that everything is ok & the engine is operating within it's normal temperature range.... The dead region is typically from about 65 -> 100C anything below this is considered to be cold or above is considered to be too hot..

I remember my first opel kadett where it was purely an analogue gauge so it would move up and down quite alot, depending on speed / load...

I don't think i would buy a car without a temperature gauge.... for example you wonder what happens if that bulb that displays over temperature fails ( although not so much of an issue now as they are probably LEDs which will last 10 times longer than the car! )

Advertisement