Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants

Options
  • 02-10-2007 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Just going through the mexican restaurant thread and was at first convinced to go to a particular restaurant but luckily read all the way down to the bottom where there was a recent review slating it...

So as a newbie to Limerick any recommendations for me of any restaurants that you've eaten in recently? Type of food and price range would be good too..

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Texas Steakout

Absolutely love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Z-WE-TON
    Chinese Restaurant
    Race Field Centre, Fr Russell Road, Limerick, Co. Limerick
    Tel: 061 300 888

I go there a lot. Great staff, great food, clean restaurant and great value for money.
    There Meat Sung Lettuce Cup is out of this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Poxy- where is it and what's the price range? Any recommended dishes?

Super- that place looks great, thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone know what the Indian ... can't remember the name of it but its in Castletroy, near Superquinn, beside Dominoes, a Chinese and a chipper.... does anyone know if its good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Popadom is a lovely indian down in the market part of town. Lovely food there. Its not expensive if I recall correctly.

If its chinese you are after go to the Dragonfly out in Castletroy. The people who run this also run the Tsang Dynasty out in the Killaloe area and that is the best chinese I have had. Again not very expensive

While I like the Texas Steakout, I think their steaks could be better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Fletch123 wrote:

Super- that place looks great, thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone know what the Indian ... can't remember the name of it but its in Castletroy, near Superquinn, beside Dominoes, a Chinese and a chipper.... does anyone know if its good?

I know the Indian, food is nice but I always get takeaway. Go to the Popadom in town, the restaurant itself is nicer. Food is lovely in both places. The Popadom does a garlic onion and corriander naan though which is just beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Copper & Spice - Thai and Indian. Cornmarket Sq. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I totally agree with SuperWoody101, Z-weton father russell road is greatan d yeah the meat sung fabulous.

I also like Los Amigos but as you may know the service can be terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Where is the best steak in Limerick?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The Piccola Italia (Italian) on O'Connell street.....great food and nice cosy athmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 davemc06

Vegeta wrote:
    I know the Indian, food is nice but I always get takeaway. Go to the Popadom in town, the restaurant itself is nicer. Food is lovely in both places. The Popadom does a garlic onion and corriander naan though which is just beautiful.
    Vegata is spot on there! ;)
    Either go to the Popadom or Indira! Indira is near Ballinacura! Near Lidl! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

My favourite ones are: Freddies Bistro, Moll Darby's, Brulees, Texas Steakhouse.

If you want to go outside Limerick a bit try Gallaghers in Bunratty or the Inn Between in Adare.

Some of these do early birds or Sunday lunch specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Got a very nice 8oz fillet steak in Luigi Malone's on O'Connell Street recently but it was a bit pricy imo at €25 for a steak but someone else was paying for it. :p

Anybody try that new Chineese/Indian place called Royal Dubar down in the Cornmarket Square yet? Would be interested in hearing any experiences there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Fletch123 wrote:

It's on O'Connell St by Eddie Rockets, Centra, O'Mahonys etc

Price Range is average and best dishes are Fajitas, Burritos, Steaks and Burgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

The Market Square in O'Connell avenue is fabulous for a special night out. But you need to book well in advance, its busy.

Advertisement