Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Light beer makes baby jesus cry!

• 02-10-2007 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Right so heres the story brothers,

I was in the Chapel(Pub) last night night when a skinny lad wearing a Budweiser t-shirt approached our table, the nerve!

So he offers us a free round of BudLight and not being one to turn down any form of booze we accepted!

Now I never gave light beer any sort of thought to even think what it might taste like but the second this horrible low calorie crap hit my stomach I ALMOST hurled!

Never have I felt a thing so horrible, I learnt the hard way brothers, don't be suckered in by this free "booze"!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't worry tripper even the best brothers falter at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Who would have thought that something bad could come out of the words "free" and "beer" alas......

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I had a few free bud lights once, however I followed it with liberal amounts of Southern Comfort

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nevancito

even the regular bud is to lite 4 my taste.bud lite.no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'd take it and drink it too, if it were free (I am a student after all). But I'd never expect it to be anything but slightly alcoholed carbonated water with a bit of food colouring in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

*Tripper* wrote:
    Right so heres the story brothers,

I was in the Chapel(Pub) last night night when a skinny lad wearing a Budweiser t-shirt approached our table, the nerve!

So he offers us a free round of BudLight and not being one to turn down any form of booze we accepted!

Now I never gave light beer any sort of thought to even think what it might taste like but the second this horrible low calorie crap hit my stomach I ALMOST hurled!

Never have I felt a thing so horrible, I learnt the hard way brothers, don't be suckered in by this free "booze"!

*Slowly shakes head*

Rookie mistake brother !

*when will they learn ?*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

What is this "light beer"?
    Surely all beer weighs the same? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Blackhorse Slim; I'm afraid it's much more sinister than simply reducing the weight of the beer. Some fu(king eejit (probably in a 'brainstorming' session) thought it would be a good idea to reduce the alcohol levels!!!!
    My advice is to stay away from it, as far away as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

ibh wrote:
    Blackhorse Slim; I'm afraid it's much more sinister than simply reducing the weight of the beer. Some fu(king eejit (probably in a 'brainstorming' session) thought it would be a good idea to reduce the alcohol levels!!!!

Paridoxically resucing the alcohol level to make it 'light' will increase the weight!

Anyway stick to the good Belgian stuff. Duvel, grimbergen doubble, leffe, ....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Bud is the Devil. Bud Light is the Devil's right hand man. Evil stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

maple wrote:
    Bud is the Devil. Bud Light is the Devil's right hand man. Evil stuff.

Blasphemy!! Duvel means devil and to say that it is the same as BUD!!! Head. Hang. Shame. In.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

enda1 wrote:
    Blasphemy!! Duvel means devil and to say that it is the same as BUD!!! Head. Hang. Shame. In.

get a grip boy, stop trying to make things complicated.

get up to the bar there and we'll get a pint in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

ibh wrote:

And there was me thinking it would be easier to carry a keg home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

ibh wrote:
    I was actually at a focus group for Coors Light! It was all about the marketing end though, and they gave us a few proper beers. My advice was: "Don't bother trying lads, or at least don't try market it to me" fell on deaf ears.

You have to smash the enemy from within!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Wacker wrote:
    I was actually at a focus group for hoors Light! It was all about the marketing end though, and they gave us a few proper beers. My advice was: "Don't bother trying lads, or at least don't try market it to me" fell on deaf ears.

You have to smash the enemy from within!

Fixed that for ya, no charge ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ibh wrote:

Actually it's far more sinister than that, l**** beer is not lower in alcohol content, it's lower in calories. FFS, how can you develop a decent beer gut drinking that sh1te?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

zaph wrote:
    Actually it's far more sinister than that, l**** beer is not lower in alcohol content, it's lower in calories. FFS, how can you develop a decent beer gut drinking that sh1te?

It's lower in calories, sure you'd probably lose weight drinking the stuff.

Advertisement