Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tracking Down A Car

Options
  • 02-10-2007 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Aside from Cartell.ie what other places would i be looking at to track down a car? The car is Volvo 740 GLE 2.3 manual, Navy blue with beige leather interior, 89-D-18535. T'was my Dads car he sold it to a friend of his and it went taxing he sold it on in 1997 or 1998 and was pondering if it was around? Or possibly lying somwhere looking for a resto;) .

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Somebody posted the link below a few weeks ago - I'm sure this used to give tax status of the vehicle (which would tell you if the car is still alive) But the tax field doesn't seem to be coming up now. So that's not much help

http://www.benchmarkcars.ie/auctions/reg.php

edit: due to posting wrong link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

That thing has never worked for me, put in all the cars i've owned and none of them come uo:(

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

That Merlin site changed recently. They no longer show when the tax and NCT is up. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

BrianD3 wrote:
    Somebody posted the link below a few weeks ago

It's in the sticky too!
    Volvoboy wrote:
    That thing has never worked for me

It doesn't work if you don't try it, does it? ;)

744GLT Turbo 2316cc petrol, blue
    Max_Damage wrote:
    That Merlin site changed recently. They no longer show when the tax and NCT is up. :mad:

Indeed. That's a pity :(

I wonder did it breach the terms of the contract they have with whoever keeps the original data? Perhaps it has something to do with Cartell.ie?

Advertisement