Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom Outage - Sligo

Options
  • 02-10-2007 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

My Smart Telecom Broadband and Telephone service is down in Sligo tonight, the Broadband was down for a weekend a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone else having problems with Smart in Sligo Town?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't have smart but if you don't mind me asking what exchange are you on dingding?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Rathedmond, got an answer on the support forum for Smarttelecom, they are visiting the site today. The HPO exchange behind the GPO as far as I know is not enabled yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

dingding wrote:
    Rathedmond, got an answer on the support forum for Smarttelecom, they are visiting the site today.

That's pretty quick.
    dingding wrote:
    The HPO exchange behind the GPO as far as I know is not enabled yet.

Yeah I know that's the one I'm on and I was hoping they had enabled it when I seen your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

I realise this is an old thread... But my Smart broadband is down in Cartron.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having trouble... I'm in Cartron.

But of course, if you also have smart then, em, you can't browse the internets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=3049

Mine was down in Limerick this morning, but came back at around 10:40. Seems most others came back then too.

I presumed it was something to do with the power outages caused by the weather, but maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

Jorel, thanks for the message. I am checking online via my phone, and due to irritating javascript crap, I can't use the smart telecom board to ask there.

The broadband is still down here. I did all Permutations of disconnecting, shutting off for 30 mins, restarting, connecting directly, etc... And so finally at least your post has convinced me its nothing I can control.

Bugger, I've got stuff I needed to do.

I hope the fix it up here soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

According to the posts on the Smart forum, it's a problem with the backbone, so nothing you can do about it.

Earlier this morning, I was able to ping the DNS server, but get no further than that. Can you do that, ping 84.203.234.34 and 84.203.234.34? Some reported that they could still get to the Smart website, and the Smart forums, even though nothing else worked.

Advertisement