Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gardai in Celbridge

Options
  • 02-10-2007 11:38pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been stopped 3 times in the last three weeks by the Gards around celbridge, checking various different things. Anybody know if something is up? I have never been stopped in celbridge in the last 2 years!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

How long have you had your current car? Possible the reg is in the system for any amount of reasons. Know some one who bought a car (nice 5 series) and was constantly getting pulled over, finally found out about the previous owner who had "previous dealings" with the Gardai. Made a few calls to the local ststion and got the reg taken off their system. Never got pulled again apart from standard check points.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No actually they were doing random breath tests and checking tax etc. Not just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Is it not nice to see them out and about doing something than sitting inside drinking tea and eating donuts, I wish they would stay out longer at night and catch the little "Aholes" racing out near me and doing their stupid burnouts etc all hours of the night, one of these nights I will get my revenge

Not my point NBar- I just seriously doubt they have suddenly got wondrously industrious about catching the criminal element. From never seeing them to 3 times in three weeks is weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I know and long may it continue that they are out there stopping and checking cars and drivers cause the fella that shot the Garda won't be long appearing if criminals cannot move around without the fear of being stopped and will soon give him up to reduce the heat on the rest of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I only ever saw gardai random breathtesting twice in my life and it was 2 days apart and I was breathtested so its probably just one of those feast or famine things. (Just happened to be the morning after one of the rugby matches also)

Yes it will be interesting to see if it keeps up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

No- one had stop me in Celbridge, even I drive there every day, lets hope they would also kick some boyracers buts as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

are you a boy racer?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

coolhandc wrote:
    are you a boy racer?!

with 800cc matiz?? not really, Celbridge is fine place but sometimes boyraces speeding around can be a little bit annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Rob67

Hi to all, new (ish) to boards.ie. Didn't notice the motors forum until a few days ago, hope to settle in happily here!

In reply to OP: The station is undergoing repairs at the moment so the lads have nowhere to sit up and drink tea all day, except for an ugly cold container parked out front. As a result they've been keeping themselves busy doing what they're supposed to do.
    BTW (if I'm not in breach of any rules on the forum) the lads like to sit up outside the entrance to the Grove on the Ardclough rd to catch people speeding. The driver sits in the car in the junction and waits for the next victim to go tearing up the road in either direction.

all the best

Rob

Advertisement