Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a Journalism and New Media course in UL?

Options
  • 02-10-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if this should go here or on the LC board but I was flicking through my CAO handbook and I noticed a Journalism and New Media course (LM039). I thought this might be something I'd be interested so I went on cao.ie to check the points for it, and no mention of the course (there is a LM038 and LM040) Same deal on ul.ie.

Do any of you know if its just a new course which hasnt been added on the websites, or is it an old course which wasn't edited out of the handbook, or is it just a printing error?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd check with your guidance teacher tbh. They are usually informed of new courses and stuff like that. There's English and New Media course....maybe its a new course, probably be v. popular imo if it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I would assume it's New Media and English (NMEN), however, you know what they say about asses, u, and me

ninty9er wrote:
    you know what they say about asses, u, and me

What? Are you drunk ninty9er? :D:p

indeedin I am not now young cson...otherwise I'd scarcely be frequenting boards.ie until 2:30 at least

Ah yes, no lodge or other extraneous activities tonight then. No girls on the interweb :(

• Advertisement

I did frequent said establishment the evening of Monday ito the morning of Tuesday, but found it difficult to stay awake in there and wanted to get home to my bed to prepare for my 9am exam:eek:

www.thelodge.com - ingenius!! once again I must now depart early as i have 3 of these nagging 9am starts in the week tomorrow being the second:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

cson wrote:
    No girls on the interweb :(

I'm a girl!!

OP, yes, I believe this course is coming on board for the academic year 2008/09, both as an undergraduate course (LM039 that you mentioned) and a MA in Journalism. Afaik, both courses received approval at Academic Council before the end of last semester. That's afaik though! New acquisitions for the College of Humanities (or should I say, Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences?!) There is currently in existence English and New Media (LM033).

I don't think the new course details are on the UL website yet, but any prospectus you get for UL for 2008/09 would have it in it.

Check with your careers' teacher or alternatively you could email pat.oconnor@ul.ie - she's the Dean of Humanities and would be in charge overall of this course.

EDIT: If you are interested in journalism, there's a college newspaper An Focal and a monthly magazine Review that are both always looking for new contributors and are a great way to begin your portfolio work. Just some pimpin' Sceptre! :D

I'm a girl!!

Lies!

cson wrote:
    Lies!
    What?! Why?! I am a girl!

Its a proven scientific fact that there are no girlies on the interweb.*

*According to Wikipedia, and 60% of the time, they're right every time.

• Advertisement

I never said I was girlie - I'm just a girl (...this reminds me of a No Doubt song...)

No Doubt? Isn't that music like 100 years old, from way back in the 1990s?

That song's from 1995 (yes I googled it)...I did not think it was that old. Now I feel old. Thank you. I hope you're happy with yourself. It's bad enough being in 4th year...

Advertisement