Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New RAM doesnt seem to work

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Best not to mix different types of RAM I think.

As an experiment, try removing the original stick (the first gig) and see if that makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Sean_K wrote:
    Best not to mix different types of RAM I think.

As an experiment, try removing the original stick (the first gig) and see if that makes any difference.

Ive tried that but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

At the risk of stating the obvious, ram wont actually speed up programs loading. I upgraded because the apps I was running required more ram than i had and paging was slowing everything down something awful. Since installing the new ram the computer runs much as it did on a fresh install even when firefox/photoshop/other rubbish is running but there was no impressive difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

humbert wrote:
    At the risk of stating the obvious, ram wont actually speed up programs loading. I upgraded because the apps I was running required more ram than i had and paging was slowing everything down something awful. Since installing the new ram the computer runs much as it did on a fresh install even when firefox/photoshop/other rubbish is running but there was no impressive difference.

Im a noob when it comes to computers so when I was running a few programmes at a time and they were slowing down I thought that more ram would make a difference.I saw a bargain and decided to get it

Advertisement