Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CHELSEA General Discussion and Rumours 07/08

• 03-10-2007 2:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

With all the interest in Chelsea Football Club and their future at the moment
    Here we go ,a place to air your views and opinions.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Haha wise idea indeed. I don't think Chelsea are as ****ed as everyone seems to think. They certainly won't win the Premiership this season and they are certainly in transition. I don't think they'll end the season trophyless and reckon it will probably be 1 of the domestic trophies they come away with. But sooner or later Grant is gonna be moved aside for a proper manager, who will be given the money to turn Chelsea into a poor man's (haha the irony) Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Chelsea are so fúcking boring, let's not discuss them.

Here's to a 1-0 defeat in Valencia tomorrow night :)

How about making this a Chelsea / Spurs General Discussion and Rumours 07/08 instead?

One is boring, the other is entertaining, but they both treat their managers like dirt and are equally dislikable at the moment.

Too many fúcking London clubs in the Premiership come to think of it.

Make it /West Ham too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

FFS, not another bleedin' Chelsea thread! :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

How about a Chelsea forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Sssshh Joe, if you want a Chelsea forum you avoid the Chelsea thread! Didnt the Liverpool fans teach you anything!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

a mod should merge some of the more recent Chelsea threads with this to give it some context perhaps?

anyway, i agree with DSB. they aren't f*cked really. the Jury is still out on Grant but frankly he's not the unknown that people make him out to be, anyone remember the Ireland Israel games? Israel were a very very well organised team i always though. so he could come good yet, although i can't see him ever being as successful as Jose.

in fact i think the Chelsea that will emerge from this will probably be a stronger Chelsea than under José, who i feel was nothing more than a mecenary tbh. i dont think Joe will ever form a dynasty like the truly greats. his character is just too repulsive, he seems very short termist at times in relation to buys and squad selection and it seems people get fed up of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Apparently Ten Cate is on his way to Chelsea as Grants assistant.As a chelsea supporter I'm fairly happy with this,he was Rijkaards assistant and only missed out on winning the dutch league last season by goal difference.To be honest I would much rather have him as the manager instead of Grant.

It also adds to the rumours that Hiddink could be on his way,which would be fantastic.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2780584,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I don't know why I'm posting in the already defunct Chelsea thread, but anyway here goes:

John Terry is out for the next 3 weeks with a knee injury.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

... because it shouldent be defunct. lots of Chelsea news atm no need for multiple threads even though we dont seem to have too many Chelsea fans here.

A.Cole also out for 4weeks.

it will be interesting to see what reaction the Chelsea fans will give Drogba / will he start ahead of Shever?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

So another makeshift back 4 for another few weeks.
    So it probably will be.

Cech

---Paulo F.----Carvahlo----Alex
    Ben H.-

----Joey
    Lampard---Essien
    Malouda-

Drogba--Sheva

Subs: Carlo,Beletti,Mikel,Kalou,Swp

And as for Drogba, looks like we have another Gallas on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Is there no other left full at the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Is there no other left full at the club?

Wayne Bridge

Suspended until Oct 28th for getting sent off in reserve game against Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

*clears cobwebs off thread*

MALOUDA SLAMS `BRAINLESS` ENGLISH GAME

Chelsea winger Florent Malouda has branded English football "brainless".

The 27-year-old, who has been out of action for a month with a knee injury, has also blasted the Blues' full-blooded training sessions and dietary control after revealing the culture shock suffered since his £13million move from Lyon in the summer.

"Training sessions here are terrifying," Malouda said.

"They are just like matches, and you go flat out.

"During the actual games it is as though everybody's brains are switched off.

"People play by instinct, spontaneously, in the way they did when they first discovered football."

Malouda claimed he would not be in the shape he is if he had adhered to the eating habits he found at Stamford Bridge throughout his career.

"The people at Chelsea don't control what the players eat. You can help yourself to whatever you like, drink Coke or anything," he added.

"It is a good job I have come over here at the age of 27 and so haven't been following the same diet as the rest of the club's players."
    http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2942821,00.html

Stupid pointless stuff to be saying. Possibly a sign he plans on joining Jose and (reportedly) Drogba out the exit door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

And another article backing up why England are not at Euro 2008. Spot on. The British game is brainless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

eirebhoy wrote: »
    And another article backing up why England are not at Euro 2008. Spot on. The British game is brainless.

It may be true, but it's not something you come out and say. He branded English football and his teammates brainless, criticised training methods and dietary control and managed to sound like a spoilt brat all at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

very surprising as Jose had a very strict dietary regime in place when he was here, maybe Avram Grant doesn't know much about eating / training / football / tactics etc.

cheslea have been playing like headless chickens of late, winning by accident rather than design imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

eirebhoy wrote: »

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion of the Scottish game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion of the Scottish game?
    The same. Celtic play their away games in the equivalent of Windsor Park every 2 weeks. Then in the CL this season Celtic have been playing like Northern Ireland too and obviously Messi's comment about Rangers and their "anti-football". It's not nice to watch. When Nakamura gets back fit Celtic are a joy to watch at home and I'm sure they'll be even more when he plays a few games with Donati and Brown. Away from home though teams can rough up Naka and Donati and take away the space they require. Just like N.Ireland did to Spain.

England's problem was they tried to play football but they just don't have the players. tbh all they really needed was the one playmaker but they don't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyway what abouts the Ronaldinho rumour? A bottle of smoke or is Roman continuing in his attempt to turn Chelsea into an "All-Stars" side?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wonder will he convieniently have the surgery and rehab during African nations championship time-period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Then make a shock return after he's been left out of the squad for the African Nations cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

wonder will he convieniently have the surgery and rehab during African nations championship time-period

I doubt he would pick a club he's been bitching about since Mourinho left over his country.

I think this has basically confirmed Chelsea will be buying a big name striker in January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7143125.stm

Avram Grant's contract has been extended. Fair play, i think it's deserved. He took an awful lot of sh*te in the press and from fans but has managed to stabilize their season. he's not doing half bad considering who's boots he has to fill.

I wouldn't have that man in charge of East Fife nevermind Chelsea.

He's been lucky, he has the quality in the squad to allow the "go out and score more goals than them" philosophy to work, but I still think our season will end in an empty trophy cabinet as simply can't have the necessary knowledge or experience to outwit the likes of Wenger, Fergie and co.

Chelsea fans not very happy

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

growler wrote: »
    Chelsea fans not very happy

:mad:

Speak for yourself, it's a results based game and he is getting results so the fans ARE happy from what I heard at the Bridge last Saturday and Tuesday.

Were you the one of those guys who sang Ranieri's name when Jose was brought in. Give the man a chance and you might be surprised.

What I particularly like about Grant is he gets on with the job and ask yourself when was the last time you seen any of the s***e that went with Mourinho printed in the papers about CFC, every day it was a different story and I would say ultimately it was this that lost him his job as he just loved the media hype and Abramovich didn't one bit.

Terry out for up to 6 weeks with 3 broken bones in his foot.

Massive loss for you lads, with carvalho out still Alex and Ben Haim are not the best pairing to have at the back. This coupled with Drogba and Essien being out now, and then for the African Nations along with Mikel and Kalou, I think you've got yourselves a personnel crisis.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2988170,00.html
    Chelsea captain John Terry is facing six weeks on the sidelines after the club confirmed he had broken three bones in his right foot.

Terry sustained the injury in a challenge from Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Eboue during the first half of the Blues' 1-0 defeat at Emirates Stadium.

The England international attempted to play on but was clearly in pain and was soon forced to limp out of the action.

Eboue, who was booked by referee Alan Wiley, has been criticised for his part in the incident but has reportedly apologised to Terry.

The loss of their defensive talisman is a major blow to Avram Grant's side, who are already without fellow centre-back Ricardo Carvalho.

Rehabilitation

Club doctor Bryan English told Chelsea TV: "An X-Ray taken in the Arsenal medical room straight after John left the field didn't show the injury.

"However, as is usual with mid-foot injuries the fractures were revealed following scans, which were performed this afternoon.

"John will start his rehabilitation immediately with the Chelsea medical team and we will continue to monitor the injury."

Ruled out

Terry will miss the Carling Cup quarter-final against Liverpool and the festive Premier League fixtures away to Blackburn and Fulham and at home to Aston Villa and Newcastle.

The FA Cup third round meeting with QPR will come too soon for the Chelsea skipper, with the Stamford Bridge league meeting with Tottenham on 14th January another he is expected to miss.

Terry could return away to Birmingham the following week and will be hoping to prove his fitness to new England coach Fabio Capello before the friendly international against Switzerland at Wembley on 6th February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Why are there capitals in the thread title? Could we not read it without them? :confused:

• Advertisement

Shamrok wrote: »
    Why are there capitals in the thread title? Could we not read it without them? :confused:

? dunno...ask the OP i guess..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Shamrok wrote: »

imagine he was just stressing at the time that their actually should be a Chelski thread and was shocked there wasn't one already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Essien should be back soon. He has done his 3 match suspension hasn't he? If not then surely the carling cup will end it.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is thrown back into centre back.

Mad Dog wrote: »
    Speak for yourself, it's a results based game and he is getting results so the fans ARE happy from what I heard at the Bridge last Saturday and Tuesday.

Speaking for myself and for most of the chelsea fans in know, not one chelsea fan I know wanted Grant to get the job and not one of them were happy to see him get a 4 year contract. He's had some results allright but I think its been more down to luck and the quality of players than his judgement.

You must have heard the crowd in the shed chanting Grants name ? or all the kids with the Avram Grant masks and names on their shirts? yeah right.

He's tolerated by the fans because it wouldn't really help motivate the team if we were doing a Vialli.

I'm a chelsea fan first so I'm always going to support the team regardless of who's in charge, that doesn't mean I'll blindly cheer on an unqualified buffoon when his mate hands him the chelsea manager job in place of the most successful manager we ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

So why is the match with Liverpool being played at Ewood park ?

neutral venue ? -- i didn't know they did that in the carling cup ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Its a pity to see Henk Ten Cate not getting the recognition he deserves amongst he chelsea following.. The man was the tactical genius behind Barcelona and what do you know... Since he left, we havent won a major trophy... I guarantee he is also a big part of the chelsea sucess atm... How I wish he'd come back.

• Advertisement

jackdaw wrote: »
    So why is the match with Liverpool being played at Ewood park ?

neutral venue ? -- i didn't know they did that in the carling cup ..

errr its not

or it better not be, the tube doesn't go to blackburn afaik

eZe^ wrote: »
    Its a pity to see Henk Ten Cate not getting the recognition he deserves amongst he chelsea following.. The man was the tactical genius behind Barcelona and what do you know... Since he left, we havent won a major trophy... I guarantee he is also a big part of the chelsea sucess atm... How I wish he'd come back.

Agree with you there, i guess its coz we can't really see how he is influencing things, tactically we've not been brilliant in recent times in fact we have shown a total lack of tactics and have been pretty disorganised, he's never on the touchline shouting instructions and seems to be very much a back seat driver at present.... which is daft considering who's "seemingly" behind the wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Anyone know if we're going to spend during the transfer window? Would love to see Benzema from Lyon come in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Bring back Eidur!

A lot of talk of Anelka and Modric coming. As long as there's no silly panic buys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

banned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

gosplan wrote: »
    bah, Chelsea are a bunch of c*nts!!

discuss that

lol,the most interesting thing written here

gosplan wrote: »
    bah, Chelsea are a bunch of c*nts!!

discuss that

very insightful :rolleyes:

enjoy your break from the soccer forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

So happy with the draw ???

I think Chelsea got a nice draw, shame for Arsenal though !

ouch !

Very happy with the draw. The Liverpool and Aresenal ties will be worth watching!

best of the lot of them I think, reasonably easy all things considered at least we didn't end up with Barca / Arse / Pool like we usually do :-)

Just finished watching the Newcastle hightlights...

I hate your team. I was 19 when Abram took over from Ken Bates after Mathew Harding died, and you know what? That's the worst thing that ever happened to Chelsea FC. Because until then people gave a damn about the club. And everyone's so bloody ugly! Grant with a face like a smacked arse. Terry the dead spit of Herman Munster. Didier the Goat Drogba, and that ugly, fAt, money grabbing bastard Lampard. God how I hate your ****ing team!!!

/mods don't take this too seriously (see youtube video)

wats that from? :)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wats that from? :)
    The Street with Jim Broadbent as the ultimate Bitter Blue

must hunt it out for a watch...sounds like my kinda thing ;)

Just wondering - shouldn't this post be moved to the Fashion and Appearance thread?
    kinaldo wrote: »
    Just finished watching the Newcastle hightlights...

And everyone's so bloody ugly! Grant with a face like a smacked arse. Terry the dead spit of Herman Munster. Didier the Goat Drogba, and that ugly, fAt, money grabbing bastard Lampard. God how I hate your ****ing team!!!

/mods don't take this too seriously (see youtube video)

• Advertisement
Advertisement