Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long is long enough

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Thanks for advice, me a header, my doctor said I was only a little nut, or was it a bolt ? :D

Or just the nut behind the bolt :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Got phone call today, I've to meet Super for an interview regarding my application on Friday morning..............omininous................
    Good luck today! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

i have been waiting for a license for a .22 sig pistol since the beginning of March, i think they are extracting the urine a bit in this case...On average me and the wee bro have to wait around 4 months for a license for anything!!! although i did get a license for a .308 rushed through in 4 weeks, ironic or what!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Got phone call today, I've to meet Super for an interview regarding my application on Friday morning..............omininous................

Well? Howd it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Good luck today! :)

Thanks

• Advertisement

alan123 wrote: »
    Well? Howd it go?

Been away till now. Anyway, not too bad.................

I had the following before I applied for 6.5 - 2 x 12g shotguns, 1 x 22lr rifle, 1 x 204 rifle, 1 x 40 s&w pistol and I x 22lr pistol

sold 22lr pistol when I appled for 6.5.

Super insisted I had to surrender a licence, so 1 x 12g returned to get 6.5

Now will have 1 x 12g shotgun, 1 x 22lr rifle, 1 x 220 swift (traded 204), 1 x 6.5 and 1 x 40 s&w pistol. Super told me he won't grant any more than 4 x licences. Happy enough, I still have 5 licences

:cool:

So he granted it ok?

So he granted it ok?

Ya, but I had to surrender 2 x licences to get it. Bit of haggling but I got it

Well done and happy shooting.

Well done and happy shooting.

Cheers;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Ya, but I had to surrender 2 x licences to get it. Bit of haggling but I got it
    Qualified congratulations.
    Well done on getting the 6.5 licence, but it's a bit of a bummer to have to 'use up' 2 other licences to do it though. :(

Did you get any indication of why this '4 licence' (5 in your case) policy is being implemented?
    If someone has passed the security requirements for having 4 (particularly if one or more is a handgun or fullbore rifle), it would seem somewhat implausible that they would turn into a psycho killer if a fifth firearm were to materialise in their presence. :mad:

Perhaps scientists somewhere have determined that the cumulative 'evil' emanating from 5 guns would be too much for ordinary civilians to handle. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The number of licences seems to be a bit 'what district are you in?'. There is no actual limit in law, but some Supers don't like you having more than three and others don't really mind.

It's a bit like poker really :D "I'll see your .22 semi and raise you a 6.5 x55".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Ah now in fairness lads when you've got 5 and one of them is a handgun, you can hardly be complaining. There's lads here who can't get a shotgun or a rimfire let alone 4 and a cannon :D

Cheers Rovi.

4 gun limit is supers personal opinion, which is hard to challenge at the moment.

I know I am lucky to have what I have, and I feel sorry for lads who are having trouble. This was my third attempt at getting a fullbore (6.5) for a long time the supers (x3) refused to recognise MRC. The Garda authorisation was the clincher, so in a way it wasn't a bad thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

4 seems to be a bit of a magic number it pops up in quite a few districts

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Which country are you planning on invading Bunny? Can I come??!

alan123 wrote: »
    Which country are you planning on invading Bunny? Can I come??!

Verminania, we need recruits in every district

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Just as well I'm not holdin my breath, no word on the .223.....
    Goin to call again tomoro, gettin fed up at this stage, I'd say thats
    part of their plan. I reckon I'll get some dodgy reason from them for not
    granting it and they'll hope I won't bother applyin again.....
    I'm not givin up though....

smallfry

How long is it now? Don't let the bastards grind you down.

smallfry wrote: »
    Went to local station with application for .223 at end of May, rang up about 5 weeks later to enquire, "I thought I'd save you payin for the licence renewal, I'll send it in in a week or two" was the reply from the friendly garda.
    A few phone calls since and I've been promised an answer this
    Wednesday, but I'm not holdin my breath......
    Fingers crossed.....

smallfry
    (posted 7/10/07)

They won't grind me down......

smallfry

• Advertisement

Make an appointment with the super to see what is going on. He can't dodge the issue then.

Super rang me and said he had gotten paperwork for shotgun I handed in. He queried that I had agreed to hand in a rifle. He agreed to grant rifle licence though. I offered to hand in another licence and he agreed at the time and then to come back with this b.....t. And they wonder why people have no respect for them and there are problems with firearms licencing

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

BUNNY , eh they do read this forum

patbundy wrote: »
    BUNNY , eh they do read this forum

I know ! Hopefully the minister and commissioner do too !

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

eh they dont

Still waiting for licence. 17 weeks since I applied. If this was the private sector they'd be out of work !

Still waiting for licence. 17 weeks since I applied. If this was the private sector they'd be out of work !
    I thought he gave you it several weeks ago?

Complain to the Garda ombudsman.

I thought he gave you it several weeks ago?

Complain to the Garda ombudsman.

Her said he was going to grant it, local FO says paperwork is gone to Dublin, again ?

I GOT IT......... :D:D:D
    The licence came through for my new .223 Its a Rem 700 SPS

Can't get in to pick it up till next week but lookin forward
    to takin it out for a few hours.....
    All the threads on .223 ammo will come in handy now....

smallfry :D

• Advertisement

Congrats.

Advertisement