Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have no idea where to find somewhere to live in galway

Options
  • 03-10-2007 5:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am moving up to Galway city in October and am starting work in the wellpark area. I have looked in the galway advertiser and I still don't know where to look. Can anyone suggest some nice areas around there that I should look to live. I would really really appreciate the help. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Wellpark ? :)

Its a bit out of the city center in terms of walking distance (would be around 15 minutes to walk into town) ... but will be close to work

Cinema is close by ... no real pubs I can think of ... apart from the huntsman ...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 adrndmond

I'd recommend somewhere along College Road like The Green or Loyola Park. It'd split the distance between work and the city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wellpark
    Tara Grove
    College Road
    Lough Italia Rd
    Sandy Rd

Map

It's a 20 min walk (or less) between the square and Wellpark. Yo want to be between work and town so you can walk in to the shops easy.

Also, just get a place for now. once you know the city you can move again.

There's a really nice area called Sailin beside the Eye cinema, which is where I used to live. A bit pricey sometimes (You'd pay between 80-100€ a week) but the amenities and such are more than worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ella23

Ah guys thanks...Thats such a good help...I had no idea where i was looking for to live! Fingers crossed and wish me luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't worry. It's a small town and after a week or two you should know most of the central areas

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Wellpark would be the best place to live given you'll be working there (there's lots of medical factories across the road from wellpark). Think of the convenience of having no commute. You could roll out of bed and walk 5 mins to work.

At the weeked for clubbing, wellpark is only a 10 or 15 minute cycle to Eyre Square. If you dont have a bike, get one....you'd want to be mentally ill to have a car in Galway, especially during rush hour.

Check Wellpark/Galway out on ...
    www.wikimapia.org

....or on Google Earth.

Advertisement