Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I just bought all this...and...whoops...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It is a OEM disk, you can only do a fresh install of vista (A upgrade from XP is disabled) and for technical support microsoft will not help you, if you have problems with serial or faulty disk you will be supported ;)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

yoyo wrote:
    It is a OEM disk, you can only do a fresh install of vista (A upgrade from XP is disabled) and for technical support microsoft will not help you, if you have problems with serial or faulty disk you will be supported ;)

Nick

Ah...so eh..that means its just normal Vista, you just cant upgrade from XP etc.? As in if I was to install this on my PC when I put it together, it will work like normal vista yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Yes, it'll run fine. I ordered the OEM version of Vista 64-bit Ultimate and it ran fine.

Skittle wrote:
    Yes, it'll run fine. I ordered the OEM version of Vista 64-bit Ultimate and it ran fine.

Phew cool thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Have you set it all up yet? Show us a pic! :D

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote:
    Have you set it all up yet? Show us a pic! :D

got it all today. im sitting in work now waiting to go home at 4.30 and get it all and put it together. pics will be up 2nite or tomorrow. wahoooo!

got it all today. im sitting in work now waiting to go home at 4.30 and get it all and put it together. pics will be up 2nite or tomorrow. wahoooo!

My stuff arrived too!! Apart from the case which I ordered seperately!! Oh the wait!!!

wahoo, so i have it all on my bed

here goes nothing. how much do u want to bet it wont work lol

wahoo, so i have it all on my bed

here goes nothing. how much do u want to bet it wont work lol

Ah dont say that! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Have you built a system from scratch before? If you have then I'm sure it'll work fine. I built my first system there two months ago and everything worked to my surprise. I was so sure that I would have damaged my motherboard trying to install the Thermaltake Ultra 120 Extreme heatsink. I also dropped so many screws onto the motherboard (not while it was switched on), that I was afraid I'd break something on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Note with OEM software it will be tied to your motherboard and it wont work with any other motherboard after that.. Hence whys its alot cheaper

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote:
    Note with OEM software it will be tied to your motherboard and it wont work with any other motherboard after that.. Hence whys its alot cheaper

hey man, ur from waterford. u from the city? wud u b able to help me set up the PC if it goes tits up by any chance? its nearly done, but if it doesnt work i dont suppose ud b able to help me wud ya?

im sure twil be fine, but i suppsoe we'll find out in about 2hrs lol

Advertisement